ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5 GT TURBO

Renault clio mk2
we-me and a friend of mine- decided before 6 moths to buy a ‘Renault 5 for track days and events and mostly for night “rides”!we found one which was modificated from normal 5 to GT Turbo 5...but it was in a little bit bad shape in the engine mostly!in one month the engine blow off:lolup: :lolup: …. so we decide to put it on the "rails" for a reconstruction!we bought an engine in very good condition an we use the best parts we could get from the 2 engines to built one that could “suffer” more without any further problems!we started of March 08 we took off the old engine and make it pieces just to see which parts we can use!at that time we paint the car only from the outside with that orange and we left the bay engine and the cabine for later as it was not a priority.also without the engine on the car we gave it a good clean in the engine bay.
Some extra parts that we knew they want stand for long were bought from France and United Kindom because we could find them in Greece such as axles,alternator,bearings,etc.
Also we fitted on a brand new sport performance clutch kit, and for the suspensions we decided to put on Bilstein coilovers-with some modifications of course-!
We had a lot of problems with the electric parts and especially with the fuel pump-it didn’ t want to work properly- but an other good friend which his knowlegde in electric systems are excellent gave us a hand by taking off all the bad wiring and putting on the car new ones!

Garrett:

the hand made roll cage and the strut bar:

More fotos comming soon...we now that it is an amateurs work...but we hope you like it!

Last edited:
  Renault clio mk2
we also found this part to make our 5 look as an original 5 GT TURBO-it will be first painted to orange- and we spend some money for clear indicators,a Sparco Bucket seat and some sillicone hoses:

the car at this time looks like that after we finished the engine and make it work properly:

I also gave my old rims-the one I used to have on my Clio II- MOMO GT 15 inches!although we tried to find that awesome speedline rims we couldn' t..

Last edited:
looks brilliant mate! I love the modified car scene in greece, everything is done to such a good standard! I saw some awesome cars on Corfu when I was there earlier this year.

Renault clio mk2
the tint was on when we bought the car from the ex-owner...but this type of tinting is useful here in Greece...at least in Summer when the temperature is over 39 C degrees...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

340i
Looks very good..

I saw a Renault 5 when I was in Corfu last year and a Clio Williams, both immaculate!

Megane estate & 5 GTTurbo
Hello from me and greetings from Greece...!I'm the other owner of the car,Dimitris...!All this tyime from our last post we had a lot of progress in our project..!
The car is on the road now and we have repaired almost all the serious problems!
Check some pictures from our work:

Repairing the bumper

From this

aV1rNorA.png

Some used silverstone for track use only for 50 euros

Our new boost valve from uk

m04wz7.jpg

Put out the awful cage and clean the interior

The seat with seatbelts

Iceberg 172 Cup
4 people to hold your bumper down? lol!

damn, nice choice of car dude. although you know it should be a toyota starlet.