ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5 GT turbo

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Just placed a deposit on this, phase 1 with zero rust, one of if not the cleanest i have ever seen. Zero welding as well.

Just over 200bhp, comes complete with phase 1 seats.

Interior needs some work but exterior has just had a glass out respray so hard work done.

s**t pics but will update once I get it home.

image_zpsgtasjdyi.jpg

image_zpsnuekisgp.jpg

image_zpslkbpyzqx.jpg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Nice! Have you still got the PH2 GTT?

No had to sell it due to storage issues, prices have rocketed since so I thought I missed the boat, got this within 1hrs of being listed for a good price.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Looks good, I was tempted myself at that one...

Be fking careful with the front grill and a few other choice parts, Mike gt turbo spares and cgb hold the monopoly on these cars now and if you fudge it, you paying the price they dream up...

Grills are £300, arches are like rocking horse, that bumpers not been in stock for a long time I think..

Enjoy it, avoid scummers and don't believe anyone that says they know how to tune one.. 99% of people couldn't tune the radio on a gtt let alone set up a carb...

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers, yes I know all about Mike, he is just down the road. I only use Ashley symmonds for R5 work, he is veryyyyy good.

Impreza RB5 #054
Mike GT spares isn't Mike spencer of MSM fame is it?

Had 3 GTT's myself in the early 2000's, love them.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Mike GT spares isn't Mike spencer of MSM fame is it?

Had 3 GTT's myself in the early 2000's, love them.

No, Mr spencer dropped of the face of the planet due to many a bad situation... One being a local couple to me pumping about 25k into a 5gtt show car that he was over seeing.. There was many stories along the way, double charging, selling off the removed tuning parts after he replaced them with new, altering cheques.. The worst being the body shop a few doors up painting the car with loads of rot and him continuing to build the car while it was a sh1tBox...

The exhaust manifold and inlet was something like £3000 of custom work, no ones seen the car or the parts.. It cleaned them out and they gave up because it was was a total disappointed.. They promised to come meet a few locals to see the bad work but I honestly think they were embarrassed..

His old red cars still about, a girl got it fully restored to its glory days.. He knew his stuff and had could bolt together a gtt, but when he started a garage I think the reality was that he wasn't an well rounded skilled mechanic.. He was last seen fwapping on a webcam somewhere but that's a whole other story...

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Damn you that's nice.

Can't believe how much people want for even mint ph2's these days - I was considering one as a project car as I've always regretted not getting one when I had the chance.

Would always have a ph1 if I could though over a ph2.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
The cars exterior is standard apart from the wheels. Trying to source a set of phase 2 so I can refurb them in anthercite, I have all the standard interior now. So to look at it will be standard, but won't be changing anything under the bonnet at I want the power.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
The cars exterior is standard apart from the wheels. Trying to source a set of phase 2 so I can refurb them in anthercite, I have all the standard interior now. So to look at it will be standard, but won't be changing anything under the bonnet at I want the power.

Either hunt down a set with good tyres or call Mike as he has a million of them... Make sure you pick through them as many are bent or kerbed being over 20 years old..

Tyres are the next problem, you don't get an amazing choice, r888 were what I ran on mine.. I think nexens, falkens and a few other brands are available in a different profile..

I have tsw's myself, proper 90's retro on my old black 5 and looked good on my current Tungy.. I bet yours would look better in something other than black... I also have Azev's, a set of Williams which would look amazing on that and I have a set of cup steels which I'll wrap in r888's one day...

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Never! I'm a wheel whore..

The Williams are where it's at, they look amazing on just about any Renault hot hatch..

Hunt some down..