ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault 5gtt, what would you pay

Trader Rating - 80%
4   1   0
  recaro'd 172 rep
its got the full engine loom etc etc body, basicly everything in the pic, not worth more than 100?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  White clique
hmm are you looking to keep it and do it up or rip bits off if for another project?

I'd agree, £100 maybe £200 max just in case you get stuck with it as a project you dont have time for and want to scrap it eventually.

Trader Rating - 80%
4   1   0
  recaro'd 172 rep
id keep it because i like them, ill have a word with him and see how much hed take, he wants 250

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
I would avoid that like the plague.

Even when you get that to a good condition cosmetically, you will be spending a fortune to get it right mechanically.

I was looking at R5 T's a while back and spoke to a couple of owners and these cars will need a good £5k per year spent on them if you wanna keep them on the road in A1 nick.

They are always going wrong :dead:

Trader Rating - 80%
4   1   0
  recaro'd 172 rep
i wouldnt be driving it 4 years yet, and when i am it would only be the odd weekend here and there, i no a man who uses his on a daily basis, its standard and hasnt gone rong in 2 years that ive known him, hmm what to do

Trader Rating - 80%
4   1   0
  recaro'd 172 rep
think i will, how fast are these things? compared to modern day cars, ino they were fast back in the day but i dont no what they compare to now

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 cup
STAY AWAY FROM THAT CAR!

the roof is caved in from the middle of the windsceen to the boot it's beyond repair, was posted up on rtoc with pics of the roof, even the most hardened 5 gtt enthusiast have walk away from it.

i'll see if i can get you the pictures

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
I would avoid that like the plague.

Even when you get that to a good condition cosmetically, you will be spending a fortune to get it right mechanically.

I was looking at R5 T's a while back and spoke to a couple of owners and these cars will need a good £5k per year spent on them if you wanna keep them on the road in A1 nick.

They are always going wrong :dead:

really???? I owned one for 2 - 3 years and including buying the car, insurance, tax, NOT and all mods and work I did it only worked out at £2200, put it all back to standard and sold original car and parts seperately and made £2400.

If you look after it it'll be fine, abuse it and just wind up the boost and you'll waste your money. Even parts for a full engine rebuild would cost less than £500. many of my friends have bought knackered 5's and put them back on the road.

I'd consider £250, electric blue is pertty rare now.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182,5GT Turbo Raider
I agree to avoid that car, but R5 GTT's are ok if you know what to look for.
I Have owned my Raider for 19 years, i sorned it so i can fix it up, i used it every day but bought a 182 for daily transport.
Look at the RTOC website or Renault5gtturbo.com if you want to know about them, from people who know about them!