ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Accident Support Line - Details & App Download!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hi Everyone,

Renault UK have very kindly donated an iPod Touch for our Charity Raffle.

In return I'd like to let you know about Renault Accident Support Line as it's pretty relevant to us lot, and if i'm honest it's an excellent service.

This video explains everything quite well:

Further details are also on the Renault website HERE, which breaks down what they can offer if you are or are not at fault.​

• Arrange removal of your vehicle from the scene at no cost to you if your vehicle is not roadworthy.
  • Organise repairs at a Renault Approved Accident Repair Centre giving you a full 5 year repair guarantee.
  • Deal with all insurance companies.
  • Ensure genuine Renault parts are used.
  • Provide a like for like replacement vehicle*.
  • Pursue the at fault party for the associated costs.
  • Ensure you do not have to pay any policy excess.
  • Protect your no claims bonus.
  • Recover any applicable medical fees.
  • Pursue compensation if you are injured.
The key point for me is the one in bold above. I know first hand that a lot of insurers will take you to their 'approved' bodyshops that will use crappy parts to repair the car.

Their iPhone App also won Autoexpresses 'app of the week' award, so it's worth getting

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/rasl-renault-accident-support/id426190250?mt=8 - Click to go to the store and download

mzl.qawdlpxx.320x480-75.jpg
mzl.eqmviyba.320x480-75.jpg

Basically if you as Renault owners have a crash, this service is pretty handy!

Click here to register for it (you don't need to be registered to use the scheme either)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Nissan 350z
It is a great service, and i wasnt aware of it until the 200 came with it from new. I will deffinately be getting it in future :)

Golf GTD Mk7
the apps free because it encourages people to go to specific garages i'd imagine. nice to see renault keeping with the times :D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Any idea if the same sort of service is available in Spain ?

I think there is via the renault travel box app.

Any more unrequired posts will be removed. Its a free service, nobody is forcing you.

Well if Renault get you to their bodyshop, they'll make money on your repair. So they see it as worthwhile to give the service away for free.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Seem good for what it is ill prob download it tonight specially as its free no harm in getting it. Fingers crossed i wont need it though.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Any idea if the same sort of service is available in Spain ?

Sorry mate it's only availible for the UK (Renault Europe are looking into it though as it's a great service to offer to all our Renault owners).

Hey I signed up, just wondering why such a good service was free?

RASL Covers the cost of the programme as it offers customers the correct advice when you're involved in an accident (Fault or Non Fault).

The third party insurer covers all the costs for all non fault cases. For fault cases your insurance company covers your repair costs (which they would have to pay for anyway).

RASL ensures that you as a Renault driver are given the best advice and taken to the best place for your repair which is the Renault approved bodyshop network that uses genuine parts and gives you a 5 year repair guarentee; Rarther than being taken to billybobs garage that uses cheap copy parts & incorrect repair methods (see the video). Going through RASL also gives you the support of Renault customer relations should you need it.

RASL keeps to the guidelines set by the ABI and thats why it's not an accident management company, but an accident support line service.