ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

* Renault Announce Limited Edition 182! *

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI

Those stripes do not suit that colour. I think they should have left them for the Racing Blue only. Saying that they would look better if they were black.

Those Team Clio graphics are disgusting! Not sure on the colour/stripes combo either..

Surely if theyre trying to make it look like a focused, stripped out version it should have the CUP pack as standard? Maybe for the UK market they will cut Air Con altogether as i wouldnt say its a neccessity over here..

-Rob

Yaris Hybrid

I need 100% definite confirmation within the next month as to whether this will be lighter/quicker or not. I still have time to cancel my order....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

it might not even come here.

one thing is for sure it wont be any better, that would involve spending money.

uk spec version might not run 182 wheels.

Mondeo STTDCI

Load of old b****cks. Bet its dirt cheap though! IF you say a 182 Cupped can be picked up from Reno for £13,500 quite easily, I reckon therell be knocking these out for £11,500, maybe cheaper?

dk

911 GTS Cab

they havent really, they have bought out a lower model, the 182 i have is still the top of the range (excluding v6 obviously) so i mind about it. I chose the 182 over the cup and I would choose mine over this new one every time, its a cheap alternative.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I would still buy my 182 over the new one any day of the week.Apart from it being cheaper i dont see the point. The 172 cup had a point,this doesnt.A 182 with less equipment and the same performance....yeah they really f**ked 182 owners and we are all going to be jelous lol

Ford Fiesta

same here, no bothered about this new model, I went for equipment levels. I didnt know the inferno could be ordered on the 182 yet, whos gonna be the first to see one? anyone seen a petrol blue one yet?

dk

911 GTS Cab

yes, i saw a petrol blue about a month ago, was very nice, its a very stylish colour.

Full Fat 182 - Was..

anyone who buys this car needs to be f**king shot!

Its a total travisty and all that it will do is bring the good name of Clio Sport drivers into the mud once all the little tw*ts in the corsas and novas think they can afford one!

Dont buy it ppl it it will push the price of a real 182 down and then they will be common as muck!

ITS A CHEAP ARSE RIP OFF!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::mad: :mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :D

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So its not a proper cup version of the 182 just a cheaper alternative?

Could be good? We cant all stretch to toyed up 182s!

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 26 August 2004

I would still buy my 182 over the new one any day of the week.Apart from it being cheaper i dont see the point. The 172 cup had a point,this doesnt.A 182 with less equipment and the same performance....yeah they really f**ked 182 owners and we are all going to be jelous lol
you seem to have missed the point (as usual ), i am refering to the fact that renault might release a cheaper version of the 182 which will no doubt effect the residuals on the normal on 182 , as releasing the 182 did to the 172 and cup, the thing is that renault change a few bits on a car (as in the 182) to make it sell, then they release a stripped 182 and the 182 owners see there residuals fall ?????????????????

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by 172cup_nut on 29 August 2004

you seem to have missed the point (as usual ), i am refering to the fact that renault might release a cheaper version of the 182 which will no doubt effect the residuals on the normal on 182 , as releasing the 182 did to the 172 and cup, the thing is that renault change a few bits on a car (as in the 182) to make it sell, then they release a stripped 182 and the 182 owners see there residuals fall ?????????????????
Its very easy to miss the point when you post a comment like

"LMAO , now renault have even f**ked over new 182 buyers"

but really mean the paragraph above i have quoted.

Maybe if you tried explaining like you have above instead of one liners (As usual) then we would have a better idea of what you mean.The comment of mine you so kindly quoted was a response to your above comment in yellow.Thats all you gave us to go on,no matter how many times i read it and study it i cant get it to mean what you have just explained.

[Edited by Funkyjahooner on 29 August 2004 at 10:52pm]

Perhaps I didnt read the original thread correctly but where does it say it is stripped? It s got air con ffs!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

brazo,

You are not going mad,it doesnt say anywhere on the original post that its stripped !

Cheaper options of equipment like non leather,non xenon and air con yes but not stripped.

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 29 August 2004

Perhaps I didnt read the original thread correctly but where does it say it is stripped? It s got air con ffs!
i never said that the original post did say it was stripped, ????, i did in fact do a little looking at the renault site were they provide information on the team 182 ,oh yeh my cup has air con but everyone says that a cup is stripped out, but i guess thats ok then ??????????????

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 29 August 2004

brazo,

You are not going mad,it doesnt say anywhere on the original post that its stripped !

Cheaper options of equipment like non leather,non xenon and air con yes but not stripped. hmm sound like a so called stripped out cup to anyone

your both going mad, like i said above , the stripped comment was made by myself, i havnt quoted it from anyone elses post ffs.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Why the hell dont they just do the job right and do a proper lightweight Cup version of the 182 instead of this half @rsed effort?!

320d M Sport

my thoughts exactly, maybe theyre testing the water overseas, then @ last minute theyll release a 182 Cup..... i reckon thats whats gonna happen

what just before they relase a newer clio based on micra with more power and goodies.. hehe then all the 172 owners will have taken hits from cup / 182 / 182 cup / 182 mad harrys / new micra clio / micra clio 210 / micra clio pound strechers.. etc..

ooh well feck it.

This version is the Team in France. In the UK it will be called Cup. The items removed from the 182 are Climate Control (replaced by manual air conditioning), Leather/alcantara upholstery (replaced by the upholstery from the current Clio Dynamique), Lateral airbags, Lumbar adjustment on driver’s seat, 60:40 split rear seats (replaced by 1-piece folding rear seat), Rear head rests, Rear seat pockets, 4 x 40W radio/single CD (replaced by 4 x 22W radio/single CD player), Xenon headlamps, Headlamp wash, Carpet mats, Rear luggage net, Automatic headlamps, Automatic wipers, Heat reflecting windscreen, Renaultsport insert on the steering wheel , Map reading light, Illuminated vanity mirrors, One touch facility on the electric windows. However, in the UK, the Cup Spoiler and Suspension Pack are standard. The colours available are Racing Blue (with or without stripes) and Inferno. No other options. The price is £13800. Thats £900 less than the 182, although £1250 less if you added the Cup options to the 182.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Hello clio 182 cup.

by doing a rough sum in my head that makes it about 20kg lighter

1070kg ish.

Nice idea.

Are the wheels staying the same?

[Edited by Tomclio182 on 01 September 2004 at 7:36am]

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 01 September 2004

The wheels are the dark coloured ones as fitted to with the Cup suspension pack.

Well thats instantly put me off it then. Cant stand those wheels, they just look like Corsa wheels.

Mondeo STTDCI

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 01 September 2004

This version is the Team in France. In the UK it will be called Cup. The items removed from the 182 are Climate Control (replaced by manual air conditioning), Leather/alcantara upholstery (replaced by the upholstery from the current Clio Dynamique), Lateral airbags, Lumbar adjustment on driver’s seat, 60:40 split rear seats (replaced by 1-piece folding rear seat), Rear head rests, Rear seat pockets, 4 x 40W radio/single CD (replaced by 4 x 22W radio/single CD player), Xenon headlamps, Headlamp wash, Carpet mats, Rear luggage net, Automatic headlamps, Automatic wipers, Heat reflecting windscreen, Renaultsport insert on the steering wheel , Map reading light, Illuminated vanity mirrors, One touch facility on the electric windows. However, in the UK, the Cup Spoiler and Suspension Pack are standard. The colours available are Racing Blue (with or without stripes) and Inferno. No other options. The price is £13800. Thats £900 less than the 182, although £1250 less if you added the Cup options to the 182.

So in reality it will be picked up for £11,000? Taking into the fact that 182s can be had for £13,500 from main dealers with cup options.

Wonder why they included Xenons.. wont it be a tad confusing having a 182 Cup and a 182 with a Cup pack? Imagine the c**k ups in Autotrader!

-Rob

[Edited by RobFenn on 01 September 2004 at 9:12am]