ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 1.2 16V 02 plate starting issue anyone help?

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
So I've recently bought the car (Renault Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique), most of the time it takes more than one try to get the car started, it tries to start and the start motor is working but just doesn't spark until the second time trying or sometimes up to 5 times.

I changed the spark plugs yesterday and still have the same problem, but sometimes it will start first try when its hot/cold
And I have checked the battery it reads 12-13v
ANYONE HELP?

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 1.2 16V
I have just checked the noise for the fuel pump that seems fine, I can hear it every time I turn the key, just now I started and stopped the car many times and half the times it would start up fine and the other half it would take a few seconds to spark or I would have to turn the key and try again

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
I don't have a code reader, should I take to local garage and get him to do it? I always thought it was a waste of time with them they just bring up pointless faults? How much would it cost to get it code read?

Also I had the coil pack off to get to the spark plugs yesterday, they don't look too old tbh but how would I go about testing them?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Easiest would be if someone has the same car and you can swap bits without cost. Where are you based

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Fixed, took the TDC sensor out cleaned the end and put back in and its started first time ever since!