ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 1.2 Dynamique

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Hey guys,

New to the forums, due to only just finding them, so thought I would kick things off with a photo of how my Clio now looks. I have lexus lights on the way...so will repost another photo after then!

Specification:
Engine: 1.2
Wheels: Standard Clio Dynamique Alloys
Windows: Rear 3 with 80% tint
Doors: Richbrook Door Sills fitted
Interior: Renault Silver Gear Shift plate fitted, chrome vent covers, standard cup holder has been illuminated.

271220061299.jpg

Let me know what you think guys :)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
o god no, please tell me your joking about the lexus lights? dont do it, they look vile. but its your car :)

as for the illuminate cup holder do you have any pics? what have you used to do that then?

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Lol...well i dunno, i think they look quite good, but only think they can be pulled off on a black clio!

Well I went to halfords, and was searching around, and found the neon bars...but decided against them. And then found a couple of blue light tubes which can be attached anywhere. I will try and get a few pics for you soon. Looks quite cool i think, something different :)

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Why does everyone hate the lights so much?

Basically, i thought about changing my gearknob to a complete new one, and realised that i would basically have to cut off my existing one, which i didnt want to do. So i managed to find a brand new Renault Gear Knob, that had a silver plate (instead of grey/black), which shows the gears. So i took it off that one, took the old one off mine, and just popped it in. Will take some photos later on.

Chocolate Bar™
no no no lexus lights they look hideous on the black car. A silver car may be able to pull them off but they look worse than ever on a black car. As said above get yourself some decent suspension instead, and instead of bying chrome accessories save up the money and get something more noticable like wheels etc etc.

end of the day its your car, but thats what i'd do ;)

Clio_Smart
How old are you mate ?

I think you should browse through the clio section and look at modded mk2 ph1/2 clio's and then you will get some ideas , some great clio's on here.

Get some mk2 ph2 rear lights and get away from the boy racer look.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
yeah i know, hate boy racer cars, its the one thing i said i would keep away from doing.
Only 17 unfortunately...but i was bored of the bland interior, so just wanted to make it slightly more interesting to look at.

cheers Deb182...never even knew these forums existed till yesterday!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
welcome to the world of forums... the end of your life as you no it.

no to lexus lights pleaseeeee no!!
got it lowered and some nice wheels ( my old ones would look a treat lol )

do a search for my old 1.2 for some ideas

also middos old one

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Haha fair enough.
Well, i ordered them a while ago, but i think theyve ordered the LED ones instead of standard clear and chrome.

I would do, but im not really in the mood for spending £600+ for a nice set of wheels on it..let alone being able to afford it!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
£575 lol

damm cheap really

sorry if anyone on here has come across nasty about the lexus lights, but they are hated on here

Clio_Smart
Sorry forgot to say welcome to CS :D

Your wheels are ok nothing wrong.

You can get some 172/182 interior parts and seats if you wanted to but it all costs money :D

LY 182
Hold fire on the Lexus s**t lights and say no no to the neons. Just my opinion but you would be far better off lowering it and getting a 172 front grill.

Leon Cupra R 225
Lexus lights - no

Anything chrome - no

New sport grill - yes

Lowered 60mm on coilovers/full sus pack - yes

New wheels - maybe, but the standard dynamiques look good when the car is slammed.

Oh and silvervision bulbs to replace the orange indicator standard jobbies - yes (Al knows)

Now, welcome to CS :)

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Chrome is only on the inside, and thats all done now, so its ok.

Anyone know where i can purchase the sport grill from?

cheers guys

Audi TT 3.2 V6
renault mate, theyr about £40 iirc.

what i did when ordering was give them the regestration number of a 182 and asked for the front grill so that i didnt end up with a standard dynamique one.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lol i read the lexus lights comment in your first post and just thought "here we go, poor boy" lol

anyway.... lexus lights spoil the look of the car taking a nice looking car and turning it cheap and tacky, same goes for silver wiper blades and silly silver ariels!

lower it on the wheels its on, cancel the lexus lights and it'll look nice..

mine -60mm (going -85mm on coilovers once 1.6 16v engine is in...
0612200618nn3.jpg

someone elses on coilovers (nicest 1.2 16v in the club imo)...
e7774a43ko2.jpg

47a37c82ng5.jpg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^^ good pics, want mine like that but with my turbines on

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Right then guys..new pics, just after a fresh cleaning session :)
Still not 100% sure what else to do to it. May get it lowered at some stage in the near future...
100120071338.jpg

100120071339.jpg

cheers
Oli