ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI

Clio 1.5 DCI
Okay, so i'm new to the website and the world of clio's.

First thing is, i may not have the best one on the market, but my god for economy its not too shabby. Coming from a daewoo lanos (lets not ask), its a massive improvement.

Just wondering if there are any options out there that are going to make it look that bit more stylish and that little bit nippier. i.e, a 172 body kit for it or is a remap worth it?

Any advice would be gratefully welcome, cheers people.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
172 bodykit means new front bumper, front arches, and sideskirts. You'd then have to widen the track on the front wheels to fill the arches, also remember the 172's didnt come in your colour, so you've got to have it all painted. Probably not worth the effort on that one.

Octavia VRS LE
look at wests renault's clio dci if you want to go down the sport rep his is very well done. post some pics of your car!!

Bux

Golf GTD
172 bodykit means new front bumper, front arches, and sideskirts. You'd then have to widen the track on the front wheels to fill the arches, also remember the 172's didnt come in your colour, so you've got to have it all painted. Probably not worth the effort on that one.

172's came in the same colours as the non-sports, so the same as the 1.2, 1.4, 1.6 and 1.5 dci, it's the 182's that had the different colours
Also for a sport rep you'd need the rear bumper and rear archliners.

One thing i would recommend is a 172 interior, makes the interior a much nicer place to be with the half leather and half alcantara seats :)

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
which power dci do you have ? intercooler, injectors bigger turbo and a good map is a good step to makin it a decent car.

fitting the 172 kit is a pretty costly job when you consider everything, although it does look good. imo lower it a touch, sport grill, cup spoiler , and colour code and that should leave it looking and going pretty well tbh

Golf GTI PP Mk7
sure about that? 172 ph2's came in Flame red, Monaco Blue, Iceberg Silver, Pearl Black, Titanium Silver. Flame, monaco and iceberg are all 172 exclusive colours, not including the cup which was mondial blue, exclusive to the cup.

Clio 1.5 DCI
thanks for that lewis. im sure it can be done though, we shall chat more at work about it.

as for the pics, im going to take some tomorrow, its still a new toy atm so picture day tomorrow after it has had a wash and a good clean down.
Garages dont half do a s**t job haha,

Clio 1.5 DCI
okay so after having a little read, where would be the easiest place to get a 1.5 dci 80 intercooler from, and is there any difference in engines, piping etc between the 65 and the 80?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
get a intercooler from a ford focus tdci.. then make your own pipe work up from the ebay kits available.. much better way of doing it. piping in what way hoses are all the same but the 65 doesnt have an intercooler.. therefore neither does it have the associated pipe work

Laguna sport tourer
quite easy to get 100bhp from one of those plus they give more than 65 standard. remap, FMIC, air filter and don't forget regular oil changes other wise you will be needing a new turbo in the near future :eek: