ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 1.8 16V - Maxi Kit HELP

Clio Hybrid

Hello, I am a new user of this forum and I am from Poland. Not that long ago I bought Clio 1.8 16V from 1991. I have made some adjustments to my car and right now it has 160 HP and 176 NM. I am working on new exchaust system plus SMT6 to put this changes together in one good result (it should end up around 180 HP).

I have one problem though, because I have bought Maxi Kit, and I do not know how to expend wheels in order to have them in line with the wings. Could you please let me know if you have any idea to do so except puting wheel spacers between wheels and a hub??

Thank you for your help

Clio Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by Darth Oli on 23 March 2005

It actually Colin_S.

Also try asking a guy called case as he has a maxi kit on Mk1.

Thanks a lot, I have wrote to both of them. Hopefully they will be able to help me

Also forgot to say youll probably need a new filler pipe on the back if you want to lower it any decent amount. Just getting over this problem now.

Mark

Clio Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by case on 24 March 2005

Also forgot to say youll probably need a new filler pipe on the back if you want to lower it any decent amount. Just getting over this problem now.

Mark

Mark, thanks a lot for your PM and your help. Somebody should give you a bonus for it :)

FRST and 106 GTi

160bhp from a valver. Can you give us full detailed spec of your engine and mods?

What have you in mind to achive 180bhp mark?

Clio Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by BUTRE on 24 March 2005

160bhp from a valver. Can you give us full detailed spec of your engine and mods?

What have you in mind to achive 180bhp mark?
Hmm let me try to explain this in english (could be fun) - this is what I have done to my clio: head gasket, Catcams camshafts (the last model for hydr.) Ngr exaust, K&N filter not cone and brisk sparg plugs (although they did not work so I changed them) plus new fuel pump from Acura Integra Type R. So right now just with this simply mods I gain 160 HP and 173 NM. The most interesting is that I have started with 121 HP and 132 NM.

Further plans are, adjustable wheels for camshafts, designed for this engine Agr exauhst, and SMT6 in order to tune everything together.

If you like I can send to someone chart which could be posted in this topic.