ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 2002 wont turn over

Renault Clio 1.2 '02
Hey,

Looking to get a bit more information before heading back to the garage with my car.

Recently replaced on it - Plugs and leads, coil pack, alternator belt and crankshaft sensor.

Problems first started as a chug, when I pulled away at a junction I'd feel it struggling to go. The chug got better when we replaced the leads and plugs, they really did need done but then it just came back again. Sometimes just after I've started it I'll be pulling away, get it in 2nd then it's like it looses juice and won't go anywhere. You can hear and feel the engine choking, I stop for a second and away I go again.

Then I would have trouble starting it now and again where it would just turn over, but id give it a min start again and away we go. Then it became a problem of it not even turning over, a wiggle and a poke on the starter wire would get it going again so I got it to my garage. They replaced the crankshaft sensor and it seemed better (still chugs but at least would start) until a week later. Happened a couple of times where i went to start the car, just heard a click and then I'd wait try again and got it to go.

Now I've got nadda, just clicks wont turn over, I connected a recovery pack up to it but the battery didn't drain any of it. Lights and everything turn on fine so I know it's getting power from my battery. The trick with the starter wire isn't working this time, so I'm hoping there might be another magical trick a newbie like me can try to save me forking out for a tow to get it to the garage.

Cheers!