ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio Alpine by Caterham F1?

Clio 172 RS2
Caterham and its F1 engine supplier Renault have joined forces to produce road-going sports cars.

At the announcement attended by Caterham team boss Tony Fernandes and Renault chairman Carlos Ghosn in Paris,
it was announced that the collaboration will produce "distinctive" cars from the Renault-owned Alpine factory in Dieppe, Normandy.

"The Caterham Group will own (a) 50pc stake in the Automobiles Alpine Renault company, currently 100pc held by Renault," a media statement said.

"I have not felt as excited about a new venture since I launched AirAsia in 2001," said Malaysian entrepreneur Fernandes.
He added at a press conference: "If you look at formula one, there’s only Ferrari and McLaren, which are extremely expensive.

"We’ll produce a car that many more people can afford with F1 technology."

So we got a sportscar with.: DRS, KERS, Anti-stall, Double Diffuser, Launch control, Coanda exhaust, flippers behind the wheel... #F1

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Sounds special... lets hope they see it through.

I'm personally looking forward to the Alfa Romeo 4C next year... Around 250bhp (and being a turbo - easily remapped for mega gains), 850kgs in weight, mid engined, rear wheel drive, double clutch flappy paddle gearbox, carbon fibre tub and utterly, utterly beautiful.

Not that I'll be able to afford one in the medium term future... but knowing Alfa's residuals, they'll be bargain performance cars before you know it!