ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio R27 F1 and McDonnell Douglas F4 Phantom

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Been on camp the weekend as we have had the Apaches out displaying over the weekend at Duxford. So with the spare time I had waiting on their return. I treated the Clio to a wash and then popped over to do some work on the resident F4 Phantom. So I thought I would get a few cheeky snaps.
I apologise for the quality as these pics are from my Instagram.

e87f2a1637f39a1352db0e15b3a23a13.jpg

5af9c11f1a73c5a51ebc7259e08a731a.jpg

aa742bb2fef0e8c2ff81d68db51c52f2.jpg

8087f0197673fc82d0e092553bf0f01c.jpg

I'm thinking about doing a low key meet for a select few here to get some pics with the Phantom. This may involve a small donation to the museum. Will see if we can get it off the ground.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Amazing pictures Mat, would love to do this with the PH1.

It may be sold by then though.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Will look into it. Hopefully get a quick session in before the summer ends and I leave the RAF :(

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
The plans are to work on aircraft in some shape or form. Starting to look for jobs at the end of the summer.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I think it would be a case of it being an event limited to only 5-10 cars to start with.
For reasons beyond my control we are very limited on numbers of people allowed on the base.
Any budding photographers out there with a decent camera setup? For best effect we might do a daytime into evening session.

SG 200
I got a decent Nikon camera and a couple of lenses. I can get hold of better equipment (£4,000+ worth) for a special occasion like this :)

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Ok chaps asked one of the guys at the hanger. It will be a Sunday after FCS and it will prob be only a group of 5 to start with.
I might do this a couple of times over the summer. So if you don't get on the first one I will do another one in July or August.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
e87f2a1637f39a1352db0e15b3a23a13.jpg

Seeing this pic reminds me so much of GTA and stealing the jet.

Anyone up for nicking it with me one nick for a joyride?

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Just been speaking to one of the guys who runs the museum. Looks very good for this to happen. However pictures will be restricted to the inside the hanger to comply with the security on site. We also have to wait to get permission from the station commander too.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Good news this has been given the green light !!
Will create a thread in events soon.