ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio Renaultsport 200 Cup -NEW

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Ordering a white cup tomorrow as a demo, although I can't get enthusiastic about it.

Poor piece of design IMO

Getting good reviews it seems! What gets me, is when the 197 came out, the mags were saying it doesnt feel as quick as a 182, lost its edge etc Now the 200 brilliant, best hot hatch..... but it has the same the same performance figures as the 197........? Hows that work then? Fickle is the word i think!!

Renault remembered to leave bags of used notes in the footwells this time :eek:

E87 118d M Sport
cant stand that green, think it would look nice in white, maybe black. but 197 for me tbh.
maybe itl grow on me when i see in one real life, but not atm

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
All those people who hated it will change there mind like they did when the 197 arrived imho. Just takes time for the masses to get used to the changes.

MKIII 138
Getting good reviews it seems! What gets me, is when the 197 came out, the mags were saying it doesnt feel as quick as a 182, lost its edge etc Now the 200 brilliant, best hot hatch..... but it has the same the same performance figures as the 197........? Hows that work then? Fickle is the word i think!!

maybe there testing the cup (autocar have this week) its 36kg lighter has 3hp more a bit more torque and the power is avaliable a fair bit lower down, not to mention some subtle chassis updates.

also, many have said the 197 is the best hothatch going so.. the point your missing is that performance is not all about straight line speed. the 197 handles better than a 182. also if you get a proper 197hp + the extra torque on the 197 then its only 100kg or so heavier than the 182 which may hurt 0-60 but on the roll wont mean much.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
autocar said the 197 was awesome on its initial release.

''if porsche made a hot hatch this would be it'' iirc.

looking forward to seeing this 200 in the flesh.

Weeman sucks ****
next week lets take some acid and choose the colours shall we.

sadly renault do not know how to choose paint colours. plc's

All those people who hated it will change there mind like they did when the 197 arrived imho. Just takes time for the masses to get used to the changes.

How I look at it: The Clio 197 prototype and then the initial cars looked great. However the actual way the car drove was a lot different to the 182/172 and took a bit of getting used to.