ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Deaker Labour Rip off!

Cooper S
Renault Dealer Labour Rip off!

Just been down to 2 local dealers to get a rpice on how much to swap across my xenon bulbs.

1 and a Half hours labour.
£114 including VAT!
Thats just to swap across 2 measly bulbs that I could do myself in my MINI for nothing!

Last edited:

Ad

MK2 FRS
is really not difficult to do, but us a bumper off job. I think. If you want info on how to remove the bumper I can give you details....

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Rip off indeed!, I was quoted £141 :eek: by a dealer to replace a headlight washer!! Luckily another garage was paying for this which they declined to do. Once they got in contact with the Renault garage, the price dropped.... £35inc vat!! Work that out..??? :dapprove:

Must have schmuck when I walk towards the service desk! :S

£70 an hour??? more like £70 for 10 minutes and cig break, tea break, magazine break...BOG break!!

Ad

MK2 FRS
ben_p said:
think u ned to work more, those flexy shifts are making u look nerdy lol
Aye your not jokin, bored at the moment so spend a good chunk of me day on here....lol.

Coilovers at the weekend. :D

problem is these garage must have huge overheads, light heating, customer service and the tools for the job, all adds up. But still £70 and hour is a little over the top.

Cooper S
polarbert said:
whats the benefit of swapping the xenon bulbs over?

LOL-Did it this morning-Took me just over an hour-me hands were freezing.

All I have done is put 6000k Xenon bulbs in which appear more blue.
Pretty pleased with meself I could do it and saved me £114.

Cooper S
The bulbs are £90 per pair!
A expensive mod for something that doesn't increase power etc-Think they look good though.
Just need to swap across the sidelights to L.E.D now, but i'll do that after the M.O.T.

£70 per hour is expensive? Which part of the country is that?

You shold try a honda dealer in the Thames Valley area.....try £80+VAT.
Or BMW...£100+ +VAT!

...it is. An hours labour to take off the bumper. Unless they happen to have an apprentice with particularly small hands :p

If you're being quoted silly money you can always ask to see proof of the labour time...we use an online quoting system for most things and it's more than capable of printing a recommended labour time.

Cooper S
Yeah both dealers used that system and it showed 1 Hour 30.
LOL-Even offered 1 of the Tech lads Cash in hand to do it out of work hours!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
DC2DAve said:
£70 per hour is expensive? Which part of the country is that?

You shold try a honda dealer in the Thames Valley area.....try £80+VAT.
Or BMW...£100+ +VAT!

That is North Lincolnshire territory :) I'd be :mad: if still had to pay £141 for the washer jet fitting, but glad it is only costing me £35 now :cool:

How they can quote me 2 different prices at such a HUGE difference is beyond me...this was with the help of another garage, so not sure if they use garage talk :S