ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault discontinuing parts

I'll tell you why this can't happen. It's because I would end up spending all my holiday money on a Renault 9 non rusty drivable heap, fill it with bits, send her and the kids home on the Plane and drive myself back with my stash of goodies.
I'm not seeing anything wrong with this plan?

lol

rik220

ClioSport Club Member
How did it go?

And which side was it?

Passenger side. I ended up not replacing it and just adjusted the handbrake as best I could. It passed MOT.

The mot was that evening, so I didn’t want to chance the first line cable not working and missing out on the mot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I bought another 4 ECU trays with unbroken tabs

Now to leave them in the garage for 25 years and watch the money roll in[emoji23][emoji23]

cf6dd7be38a5dd478e753d37dd8209bf.jpg
91ccb95f50578b8eb0b62a7904136447.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  monaco 172
Brill.

I don't understand your post though, what do you mean by you compared a NS with an OS?

Surely the NS and OS are completely different lengths otherwise there would only be 1 part number required for either side.

Or have I read it wrong?

Ph1
I managed to get a brand new set of genuine 172/182 metal pedal covers a couple of years ago rediculously cheap from German eBay. Bet they're worth a few quid now.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Brill.

I don't understand your post though, what do you mean by you compared a NS with an OS?

Surely the NS and OS are completely different lengths otherwise there would only be 1 part number required for either side.

Or have I read it wrong?

I meant I used the NSR Borg & beck cable with a genuine one for the OSR and they are working fine together.

monaco 172
I meant I used the NSR Borg & beck cable with a genuine one for the OSR and they are working fine together.
Ah right I see.

Does the Borg and beck cable locate fully into the caliper end and clip into the bit above the heat shield?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to post this in a couple of places but I've found a NSR brake cable which fits the Clio 182 (I paired it with a genuine OSR). It's made by Borg & Beck who are owned by Firstline.

This is the cable (colour in the image is wrong, it will have a yellow sheath):

Part Number: BKB3049

View attachment 1408835

View attachment 1408836
Nice work. Maybe we should have a sticky thread for nla oem alternative parts so people can find the right parts that will fit quicker in future. @Gus @Nik ?

monaco 172
Top work.

Now, find us a cup spoiler brake light, go!

And I don't mean the one on eBay where the robbing t**t wants £200

clio r27 f1

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I`d take that as a load of old b****cks pumped out by the press office for consumption by journo`s and a public that know no better.

All Ph2 sports have the same front subframe in common, part number 8200107153, and in fact the 182 had a narrower track than the 172 Cup,

due to a reduction in the wheel offset from ET38 to ET43., though the std Ph2 172 had an offset of ET48.5.

Same goes for the wheelbase claim., though the revised front wishbones, with extended castor for 172 Cup and utilised on all later 182`s, part numbers

8200257956/7 would have marginally extended the wheelbase over the std Ph1 & 2`s, using 6000073511/2.

I prefer to some solid research before I spout, and don`t rely on Google.
I remember the cup packed cars having 2.485mm wheelbase versus 2.472mm non cup. Found this on multiple sources
I guess I'll go and take my ruler and measure mine and also a friend's car (identical - both 182 ff) and see. Then measure a 172 ph2 non cup of another guy.
I'm also puzzled about the wheel base/track sizes across the range.
For example the all weird differences between the 182 cup VS 172 cup where they are both listed as having the same track but the 172 has 38 offset vs 45.
Why would they made the newer car with a narrower track? Doesn't make any sense.
Would like to see some members with std cars take some measures and settle this once and for all!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Just measured the wheelbase in mine and it's 2485mm.
Also measured an identical car and it's the same.
I'll be doing this to a 172 first chance and see what's what

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
First time I've heard that the wheel base on a 172 and 182 are different. I've never seen it in any information that was put out by Renault.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Isnt this wheel base difference due to the fact the 172 Cups & 182s run the offset bottom ball joint to increase the static caster.
Therefore marginally adding to the wheelbase?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
There cant be that much of a difference or the wheels would look odd in the arches