ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault espace fault code

megane gt dci 150
A lad at work has an 03 plate 2.2 dci grande espace, and he tried to start ot to come to work, but the car wouldn't start. All lights come up on the dash, but the engine only turns over and doesn't start.
His mate plugged a fault diagnosis machine in and comes up with the fault code 06156.

I'm just wondering if anyone has one of these, or know what the code means.

Cheers, nick.

Megane dci 130
Dont know what the code means off hand.

But a common fault is the TDC sensor on the bottom of the engine comes loose and works its way out from its seat causing non start problems.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
lol - G9T 742 ( or a G9T 743 If its Auto - DPO / LMO )

Your mate has the worst engine in his car Renault ever built. I sell around 60 of these a month to the trade.

Common faults of the JKOH

1 - 6 speed PK6 gearbox fails
2 - Garrett 718089 ( GT1852 ) Turbo blows - in return this sucks the oil out of the sump and causes the engine to run on it. It will empty your sump in minutes, over rev and usually throw a rod through the side of the block. Some people are lucky and manage to stall the engine before detonation occurs.
3 - ( see 2 ) - As above when this happens it causes the oil pressure release valve to jam open. When you fit a new turbo you fire it up and every thing seems ok until your turbo fails after 500 miles due to insufficient oil pressure. The pressure release valve jams open but doesnt trigger the oil pressure warning sensor. This means your engine has been running with low oil pressure so internal damage is inevitable.
4 - digital clocks fail ( same with Scenic 2's )
5 - Steering Racks leak
6 - Electric window mechanisms fail
7 - Heater motors fail ( situated underneath the car and possibly the most ridiculous designed heater system youve ever seen ) very expensive to repair
8 - Electric handbrake mechanism fails
9 - EGR Valve failure which can lead to turbo damage
10 - Key card failure / card reader / elec steering lock.

Megane dci 130

2 - Garrett 718089 ( GT1852 ) Turbo blows - in return this sucks the oil out of the sump and causes the engine to run on it. It will empty your sump in minutes, over rev and usually throw a rod through the side of the block. Some people are lucky and manage to stall the engine before detonation occurs.

Lol! Iv had a few take off on me, and its not funny! Lucky mine were manuals and could just about stall them from about 9,000 rpm!

Also the rocker cover/inletmanifolds crack and/or the seals go casing boost preasure in the crankcase. This can lead to dipsticks blowing out and the oil bung on the injection pump to blow out losing your oil that way.

megane gt dci 150
hes got it sorted now, thanks anyway.

it was his key card that failed on him, he didnt think of using the spare though :eek:

he had tunemaster come out and read his ECU and that code was something he had replaced in the past but the garage never "wiped" the memory.

cheers for the help anyway.

Espace 2.2,Golf 3

Your mate has the worst engine in his car Renault ever built. I sell around 60 of these a month to the trade.

----------------------------------

You are damn right Matt. Mine, grand Espace 2,2 dci ( engine G9T - J7 ), 2004, 89000 Km, engine broken.

They ask me 9000 € for a new engine, without hope of being any better.

Ready to sue Renault.

Anybody knows someone in Europe that had chance at the bar ? Thanks from Madrid, Spain.