ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Genuine Parts Arghhh

Westfield, 182, 200
The wife's now got a 58 plate 197 in Albi blue, but it failed the MOT on the bottom swivel.

It's a Renault only part (looks like it's made by Brembo) and is £200 per side, so I ordered one from my local dealer and was told it's out of stock, but will be in within 10 working days. Chased today as it's passed that time to be told Renault France has just received a delivery and 2 will be delivered to the UK hopefully by Monday. :mad:

The car's off the road because of the MOT, luckily she still has her 182, but the insurance only covers both cars until the 13th.

I can't believe Renault France don't have a stock of these parts.

Renault UK say they've hardly sold any, so don't keep a stock. Perhaps they need to read the Clio sport forums?

Bloody annoyed me.

Westfield, 182, 200
That's the one, it's pressed into an ally casting on the 197. You can buy a non genuine swivel and get it pressed in, but how safe that is i don't know!
Don't see what's wrong 2 bolts holding it in as with the 182!

From your 2nd description of it I think you mean the lower swivel, not the bottom ball joint.

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.clio197.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-9362.html

The person in the thread describes it as being pressed into an aluminium casting.

By the way the thread went it sounds like it's a bit difficult to source the part individually, and also difficult to fit it if you don't have the ability to heat up the hub and press the part in.

I would just stump up the cash for the whole hub carrier, it sounds like its more hassle than its worth.

Hope you find a viable solution.

172cup
I would drive a car that has no mot they can only give you a £70 fine but if its booked in I'm sure that they wouldn't even do that

Westfield, 182, 200
It's the bottom swivel, exactly the same as the thread you put up a link for.
They are £200 a side, but there're no right had ones in the country?? as they're not a common fault! The forums seem to differ to Renault's views!
I can't drive the car as it's stripped awaiting the new part, the left side's all done though.

Problem is, the osurance ends on the wife's old car in 9 days, so if the part doesn't turn up we're in trouble!
Ian.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I'm 99% sure there is a company that refurnbs these over on the Meganesport forum, Aren't they the same part on the 197? Let me dig out a link.......

Renault Clio MK4 RS
It's the bottom swivel, exactly the same as the thread you put up a link for.
They are £200 a side, but there're no right had ones in the country?? as they're not a common fault! The forums seem to differ to Renault's views!
I can't drive the car as it's stripped awaiting the new part, the left side's all done though.

Problem is, the osurance ends on the wife's old car in 9 days, so if the part doesn't turn up we're in trouble!
Ian.

Couldnt you get temporary insurance for the 182 until the 197 is repaired?

Westfield, 182, 200
Megane hub looks different, but I imagine the principle is the same, looks like they have a drive in, drive out repair, wonder what they'd charge to swap a swivel-they're around £20.

Can't get any temp insurance, my wife changed it to the 197 and they'd only cover the 182 for a month, I can't add cover as my insurance company won't touch a 182, even though I drive a 250bhp V6 Audi TT!! Must be all the young boy racers increasing the risk level!!

TT's up for sale, I'm having the 182, fitting some sportline springs, full service and use it on track days.

Ian.

Westfield, 182, 200
Part didn't arrive Monday, popped into Renault on the way home to be told the parts are due in France tomorrow.

I have a feeling of deja vous.

Appaling service, parts won't be here until next Monday at the earliest.

Apparently Renaul have just installed a new parts system, the new one obviously has a bulls**t button.

Ian.

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Furious. Just reading about the incompetency has irritated me. More so because I feel like I write at least 1 complaint email/letter a month, this month its been 3! ​I'm sick of it!