ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault InsuranceRead This

Just found out today when enquiring about renewal that Renault insurance at the end of the free insurance deal give you three years no claims for your next year if you stay with them. if you leave you take just one year.

However if you stay for a second year, and actually give them some money (god no!!) then at the end of your second year you can leave with FOUR years no claims discount!!

That alone has made me stay with them, Only an extra £80 over Liverpool Victoria and they will cover my styling mods up to £3000 and ice upto £1000. They said I can fit an exhaust no problem I just cannot do induction kit! Oh well worth it for four years no claims after just two!!!

Just thought you might like to know.

so if i stay after the free insurance deal, another year i then can change to tesco with 4years no claims - sounds strange? why would tesco accept that? quite good though, as my bro has 4 year now, and hes 21 and its £1200 for him on a mk 1 172! not bad,

For the second year do you have to stick with the same car, as i would like a 1.6 dynamique.

Rorrie

megane

hmmmmm wonder if theyll give me this as the cheapest qoute if been given has been 2k with liverpool v so far

andy

Clio 1.6 16V

Just dont declare any mods ..... they will shaft you. Exhaust, filter, springs, s/braces on a 2002 172, max no-claims, protected at 43 :oops: .... £63 p/month! Will def be looking elsewhere after Feb 2004.

Its a good idea of Renaults to offer increased NCB, but beware because some places wont accept it - like those 1 years NCB after 10months schemes etc.

And as youre probably not already looking for insurance for a year from now, youre not gonna know if theyll take it until you try!! Still, if Renault are cheap then go for it...

Ad

MK2 FRS

Funny i discovered this today as well. At the end of the second yr you would actually have 5yrs!!! I left my free insurance policy running so Im gonna swap over form directline as the refund Ill get for the remaining 8mths is enough to pay for another 12months with reno and at the end of it Ill have 5yrs NCB, fingers crossed. Sounds good to me!!!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Ive been told by Renault Insurance that i got 2 yrs ncb free after my first free year, and that if i go to another company those free ncb do not count.

Its not the same amount for everyone, they backdate NCD to when you were 17. So if you took out free insurance when you were 19 (miminum age for it) then when you renew they give you three, then four when you leave. Bu tif you were 21 when you took it out, you would get full NCD when you leave them! The only thing is that their price with full NCD is dearer than a lot of companies with only 1 or two years to use, so the best plan is to renew with them only the first year to make sure theyll give you the proof of your 4/5 years the following year, and then renew elsewehere (Tesco, Sansburies and Asda are all very cheap).

Whats happens then if you buy a new reno on free insurance. Then after the first new you trade it back in for a new one with free insurance like I did.

It wont change anything, since they backdate the NCD to when you were 17 anyway. So when you come to renewal after your second year of free insurance, youll have one more year than you would have done the previous year at renewal anyway as youll be a year older!

So i will have 4yrs no claims. Woohoo. Who said reno were sh*t. Right, now should I buy a blue cup or a silver one. Hmm.
Blue it is.

Ad

MK2 FRS

No cahnge of car will make no difference in the second yr. renault ins will also insure other makes. No it doesnt mak any difference with age as you can have a moped from 16 and accumulate NCB

Yes, but moped NCD is not transferable to a car policy. And with free insurance age is relevant, as this is the sole factor they use to determine how much NCD to give you at renewal since they backdate the number of years to when you were 17!

Quote: Originally posted by Flying Scotsman on 19 August 2003

Just dont declare any mods ..... they will shaft you. Exhaust, filter, springs, s/braces on a 2002 172, max no-claims, protected at 43 :oops: .... £63 p/month! Will def be looking elsewhere after Feb 2004.
WRONG!!!!! Sorry mate but the only mods they have an issue with are engine mods, They are fine and will cover and PAY OUT on up to £3000 of styling mods INCLUDING wheels, lowering, changing suspension, kits, colour coding, tints etc. and a further £1000 for ICE!!! Only one I wanted to do that they wanted more money for is an induction kit, I can live without it, Reno have a reputation for being sh*t but I think in this case, at least for me its not deserved!!!

Hope this info has helped some people,

ICEman, Wrong, you can transfer Moped NCB to a car policy, my mate did it and it saved him 500 notes!

about this 3years NCB thing after ur first years free insurance is up.....

what if you have had an accident before u were 19 on a different policy? I had an accident under my sisters insurance policy last year on her car.... & they said that one claim doesnt matter when applying for free insurance, only if u had more than one... does this mean im still elegible for getting 3 years NCB at the end of my first year?

& not only that guys... but if you have used their free insurance & havent made a claim they are more likely to give you a better quote to make u stay with them coz they see u as a good customer etc etc.

Id be very interested to know which company let him transfer moped NCD onto a car policy, as I work in the insurance industry and am familiar with all 34 of the insurance underwriters in the UK and am not aware of one which will accept bike policy NCD for a car policy!

They gave me 6 years no claims aftyer my 1 years free insurance. took me down to £550 on a 1.2 Dynamique. I wrote that off and becasue they protected the claims I got insured on the 172 for £800