ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Machanics

I have just had my gearbox replaced and renault had to remove and refit my K-tec exhaust... Thing is I did a better job myself!!! Its blowing at the clamp by the CAT and not as tight flush under the car... They bloody got hydrolic lifts and they couldnt fit the bloody exhaust right!!!! Now I got to bloody clamber under the car once I have the time and sort it out!! :mad:

GR7

Shiny red R32

You obviously took your car to the wrong place! Why dont you guys try to find a good normal garage where the mechanics are used to working on all makes of car, rather than just the make they sell, with mechanics, who are able to repair, rather than replace parts. Most days on here, there are messages complaining about Renault garages and their mechanics.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

2 points to consider.

1. You have fitted a K-tec exhaust and the Renault MONKIES have had to remove it to replace your gearbox. That doesnt matter! If its now leaking, take the car back and ask them to fix the leak. Dont bang on about how bad they are when you havent given them the chance to fix the problem. Everyone makes mistakes.

2. GirlRacer says take the car to a non Renault garage coz they work on all sorts of cars. Lucky them.

We recently had a customer who asked us to investigate an oil leak from the automatic gearbox on a Megane. We found the N/S driveshaft oil seal was leaking and gave the customer a quote to replace the seal, obviously using genuine replacement parts and tools.

The customer declined and said they would take it to their local garage.

Today (11.3.03) the customer brought the car back asking us to check for a gearbox oil leak! We checked it once again and came up with the same diagnosis! The seal is still leaking!

The customer said "It cant be - Joe Bloggs under the arches has just replaced it!"

Well, it had been fitted incorrectly and not using the tool for the job. Probably a 30 mm socket and a hammer!

She now has asked us to fit the seal. When we have done the job it will be covered by a 12 month warranty.

The money she spent at JOE BLOGGS is money down the drain!

You pay your money and you take your chance!

Bob RTE

Very true... but its not even fitted as well as I did it... its not tight up under the car etc.... I will do it myself just wait for it to get a little warmer.

The only things I dont like about Renault is the overpriced parts and I dont think they check up their Franchisees which sometimes results in poor service.

I dont think its fair to blame all of Renault for one place. Bring the car back and ask them if they would redo the exhaust. I am sure they would if not for the level of service they are aiming to acheive and good pr.

Everyone makes mistakes you just got to give them the chance to recify them. If you think you can do a better job then do it yourself its no problem its only the exhaust.