ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Oil - 182

Better than yours. C*nt.
All,

Had to ride to work this morning (saves the traffic on the motorway I suppose) as switched the Clio on and the dash said I've got no oil left - and dipstick is right at the bottom (was above bottom marker when I checked on Sunday, think it's just because it was parked funny and Renault were fairly stingy on oil on the last service)

Anyway, it's not burning a significant amount of oil (only a wisp of blue on a very cold start after a couple of days standing, none on thrash) so I'm just going to top it up - what's best recommended to match the stuff Renault put in at it's last service?

Ta all.

Mike

J

Jim NM

I would drain it off and put 100% synthetic 5w40 in it I use valvoline
5W40 reasonably priced for 5 ltrs and really good oil. I used valvoline on both of my R 5GTTs' 0ver a period of 14 years. At least then you will have piece of mind.
I am not sure what sh!te the renault dealerships' use.(sparingly)

Better than yours. C*nt.
Ok, any ideas how much a filter is and how hard it is to do? (and roughly how much oil it takes with a filter change).

Anyone recommend using an engine flush when I do it?

J

Jim NM

Ok, any ideas how much a filter is and how hard it is to do? (and roughly how much oil it takes with a filter change).

Easy to do...
Drain the engine first by removing the sump plug, but before that go and get a new sump washer from renault part 7700266044 .89pence.aswell as the other bits you will need.
You will need a bowl with more than a 5ltr capacity, if you haven't got a shallow one you can jack up the car on the driver's side to enable you to undo the sump plug (square\sump plug removal tool required, not expensive from any motor factors they are double ended.) Can't remember the size but use the small end. Put bowl under the sump and undo plug. Your under tray will have a plastic type screw access point just turn that and remove to gain access to sump plug.
Oil filter about £6 from renault Part 8200033408 to gain access to remove old oil filter, remove fuel rail cover two 10mm nuts on studs you will need a small extension for your socket.
If the old oil filter is tight, get a oil filter chain wrench, or if you don't want to spend on that, a long screwdriver and a hammer and tap the filter around anticlockwise to undo. Put a rag or kitchen roll under the filter to catch the oil before you take it off. keeps you engine clean.
It may be that it is loose enough to undo by hand, but usually they are over tightened. When you screw the new one on, just finger tight will do.

5.1ltrs of oil required me thinks, look in your hand book to confirm this.
I wouldn't use engine flush, it's not really necessary IMO.

I hope this helps you. :)

Better than yours. C*nt.
Many thanks, and also to the guys at Yozzasport - Can't recommend them enough.

£7 for the filter easy to do just remove the injector cover down the front of the engine.

The sump washer you want the one with the rubber inset just just the copper one is £1.10

5.1 liters it takes.

To remove the sump nut you want a 8mm square drive socket.
Nope don't do one its no good.