ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault OZ F1 Confused!! :s

182 Cup
Hi Lads I am looking at getting a set of 15" OZ F1's for track, up until now I have been clear on what I was looking for IE 15" 7j and ET 43 because thats what I thought they all came in, and also thought they all had the multi fit. But I see a sent on here with et 37 non multi fit so im confused lol, I have a mk2 182, which wheel will I have issues with? I want the 7j and the et 43 as long as I dont have issues, at the min I am running OZ Ultraleggeras 16".

Cheers JP

220 Trophy
The ET43’s are the OEM Renault wheels, the 37’s must be aftermarket. With regards track wheels although the F1’s are lightweight I’d recommend something more heavy-duty. I and most on track use the Speedline 2118’s, they’re heavier but will take the abuse.

220 Trophy
I’ve heard that the F1’s don’t take too well to being hammered over the rumble strips, they’ll definitely be lighter, but as a result of being lighter they’ll be less strong.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
My attitude is that the OZ f1 are disposable currently because they are so cheaply available, so I use them for dries as I like to have a minimum of 16 dries on the go at once as thats only 1 set each for our 3 clios that we track and a few extras for spares.

They dont just instantly fall apart the first time you hit a rumble strip or anything, but they will eventually end up buckled out of balance if you keep hammering them.

220 Trophy
If you’re not running any spacers then you will be ok with ET 37's rather than the standard ET 45, this will in fact give you a little more track (width). Just be careful if you do have spacers as the extra offset of the 37’s might start rubbing your tyres on the inside of your arches.