ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault parts prices vary between garage...

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A
.....Question is do renault parts prices vary between different dealers...

or do renault change their prices and all dealers have to follow them...

We could do something on the forum so people could see where to go to get the cheapest part for their car...

for example cup 172 badge (door ones) £12.04 at wests in cambridge....same price for everyone?

just a thought..lol :eek:

Tom

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Good idea Tom .

As service costs seem to vary around the country i wouldn't be surprised to see the prices for parts vary also .
Would be interesting to to know how much , where etc ..... ??

MrBillyUK !

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A
just an idea i had, we could have a post thats updated as and when i certain part gets cheaper at your garage....

tom

Parts should cost the same anywhere, they have an RRP and normally manufacturers take a dim view on franchised dealers selling above or below that (unless discounted for trade or goodwill reasons).
The reasons labour rates vary will mainly be down to the area (a Qualified tech will be paid more in london than somewhere up north where house prices are far lower). Also the cost of the site and facilities all reflects in the labour rate too. A new dealership in the centre of london with a workshop loaded with special tools and diagnostic equipment will cost more to run than a small one in a northern town with the bare minimum tools etc that a manufacturer requires them to have.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
So how come if ya go the Vauxhall stealers in Blackburn Sonax gloss shampoo is £6.37 for 500ml , but from the vauxhall dealership where r-jay gets his from its only £2.90 for a litre ??

Shouldn't that be the same r.r.p. as well ?

MrBillyUK !

Depends, if it was a car part i'd say yes. If its something which isnt actually supplied by the manufacturer then that wouldnt apply.

Oils for example may be recommended by a manufacturer but you'll find they arent supplied by them, they're sourced locally by each dealer. So if one buys shampoo from sonax themselves they'll pay less than a dealer buying a small amount from someone who distributes/sells sonax. Also you'll find sometimes those types of items will be ones that dealers will try and make a bit of profit on as there isnt an RRP or any regulation on them by the manufacturer.

All parts are the same price assuming
1) You havn't seduced/made friends with the pereosn bhind the counter so they have put you down as a trader (cheaper parts)
2) They are using the most up to date software.

edde said:
All parts are the same price assuming
You havn't made friends with the pereosn behind the counter so they have put you down as a trader (cheaper parts)

:approve: i ALWAYS get a minimum of 15% discount - sometime upto 25% if the part is in stock or a misordered part.

172 cup'd extreme
they are able to give you up to 40% depending on what it is. i get 40 on almost everything except service parts.
If your going to GSF your normally buying pattern parts which are NO WHERE near as good as gen ren parts plus with gen ren parts you get a 12 month warranty

BMW Z4 3.0i
I bought a new aerial mast today, two different franchises quoted me the same price (although they quoted me for the wrong bloody aerial mast, fortunately had the right one in too!)