ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Rant

Clio Sport 182 Trophy
I took my car in 4 weeks ago complaining of an unusual noise when i put foot down, and exhaust was blowing.

I was told mid section needed replacing, this was done and all was well till oxygen sensor showed on dash!

I took and back and they fixed it, but 3 days later noise was back?????

Annoyed i took it back in and they told me its fine, i said no, took the car out with a techy in with me. he said straight away its sounds wrong over 3k rpm.

They look at it and it turns our cat is cracked all way along.

I couldnt take car back with me as they had taken it apart and said i shouldnt drive it in that state.

So i ask the following:-

1 Why didnt they notice this on my two previous visits?.
2 Why when they wont give me car back, do i have to be without car , just beacuse they cant get me a courtesy car???. Why cant they hire one and give it to me. Part wont be here till friday, leaving me without a car and i live about 40 mins from nearest dealer! i.e one i am using

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rant over

DB

clio 197 cup
if they havnt got a courtesy car available ,and if renault wont stand the warranty claiim, why should they hire a car.exhausts like tyres and brakes are classed as a consumable,they will fail/wear out /corrode at some point.

MY10 R35 GTR
had the same problem mate, gave the lass behind the deck a sob story, id met her out and about in pubs once or twice, ended up meeting her that nite in the pub had a few drinks.

she took me home and i made damn sure i ~~~~ed her sensless ........ result new cat, mounts and rubbers all under warrenty!!