ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Specs - 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc

CTR EK9 turbo

All the standard Williams ive seen at the pod have got around late 15 secs, where as the standard 172s ive seen seem to get mid 15s/low 15s.

Of course it all depends on the driver and the launch. Williams would be lighter & therefore easier to get off the line than a 172. And as we all know power/weight is the key.

Theres no point arguing over which is better as theyre different cars for different types of people and tastes. A Talbot Lotus Sunbeam could be arguably a better car because it is faster and rear wheel drive but it would spawn different discussions im sure.

Its all banter anyway i hope :)

Quote: Originally posted by ian 182 on 25 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 25 July 2005

I check the site out a fair bit as do my mates just to see what the figures of a modded Clio would be and they are usually spot on or there abouts. Great site fella, the calculator musta taken a while to make as well as getting all that car data! lol
So going on the info on that site you can conclude that the fastest 2.0 clio is the 182 then.nice one

ian
it should be, if id spent all that money on a 182 and williams was faster id be pretty pissed off lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by richy on 25 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by ian 182 on 25 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 25 July 2005

I check the site out a fair bit as do my mates just to see what the figures of a modded Clio would be and they are usually spot on or there abouts. Great site fella, the calculator musta taken a while to make as well as getting all that car data! lol
So going on the info on that site you can conclude that the fastest 2.0 clio is the 182 then.nice one

ian
it should be, if id spent all that money on a 182 and williams was faster id be pretty pissed off lol
and if we all went and bought a 3.5k subaru then wed all be pissed off to

You buy what you can afford and what suits you at the time

ian

not necessarily Ian, I chose the Willy cos i wanted the fastest 2.0 clio with the best looks and handling. although it may be painful to admit looking at the Pod times its clear to see that the Willy was FAR quicker than any MK2 variant. Robs pulled a shockingly quick time, 14.01 iirc with breathing mods and timed cams... no remap and only the back bench out. Northys and his bro Andy hit the 14s on almost standard cars, Andy with only a decat... nearly all good ones make well over std power... when my cars back ill see if my mates up for a test in his and ill post the vids on WC and will show you how much it gets smoked and will throw in my mates Scooby if hes up for it... Willy Powers not to be underestimated ;)