ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Sport #10 New car content

We'll in the 10years I've been driving since passing my test at 17, I've had 9 Renault sports & loved them all I've really caught the rs bug. I've had the following -

x3 Ph1 172s
x1 Ph2 172
x3 182s
x1 197
x1 Megane R26

However since a kid going down to my dads works (he worked at Renault teesport where they first come in the country) & seeing the clio v6s for the first time I fell in love with them & said to myself I'd love to own one when I'm older.

So I've treated myself to a lovely Ph1 V6 in iceberg silver with 30k on the clock :D It's well known on the cliov6 forum & been pampered. I went to see it last Saturday up the road in Newcastle & left a deposit with the current owner James. I pick it up tomorrow (Saturday) & I genuinely can't wait.

I had my heart set on a LY ph2 but the way the prices have gone up they were out of my budget unless I sold the sunflower or the Megane to help fund it & the fact they hardly come up for sale didn't help as I wanted one now. So at least this way I don't have to sell a car.

Quick run down

30k miles
3 owners
Ph2 18" wheels (chuffed it has them as I would have wanted some anyway - massive improvement IMO)
Rear spacers
Steering wheel trimmed by Snappy

The current owner James had the steering wheel done & also removed the window tints it had & removed the Quicksilver OMG exhaust & fitted the original.

I don't have a lot of plans mainly just to drive it & enjoy it.

Give the back box a good clean up & lift it up a touch for now
Fit a colour coded boot handle off a iceberg ph2 172 (already bought that)
Spike/janspeed exhaust for a ph2 but I'll make it fit lol
Clean plain number plates (hate GB plates)

Anyway ill ill let the pictures do the talking.

14224464016_16b8b69821_c.jpg

Clio V6 by CraigyD7, on Flickr

14060978179_86ded5ca1d_c.jpg

14267789893_4f866fdb49_c.jpg

14247607535_fde7a33a74_c.jpg

14244315291_7692a3505e_c.jpg

14061203440_e427720438_c.jpg

14061027087_c1dbe209b9_c.jpg

14061005240_93f46644e6_c.jpg

14244313651_23b4cac465_c.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Holy s**t dude. You're nuts. Cracking choice though, I really like that. Ph1 vee, ph2 wheels, perfect.

You did however forget "get better seats" on your list of things to do ;)

Holy s**t dude. You're nuts. Cracking choice though, I really like that. Ph1 vee, ph2 wheels, perfect.

You did however forget "get better seats" on your list of things to do ;)

Haha your not the first person to say that to me, but thanks mate I'm over the moon with it. The ph2 wheels are a nice bonus for me as I would have wanted to buy some & they arnt cheap.

Yeah back to the seats lol, I'd love to fit some recaros but with the ph1 interior being blue I think they will just stand out like a sore thumb :( so I might have to put up with the current seats. Rob

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
How about finding a battered set of recaro's, even evo ones that are the same shape but are cheaper, and having them trimmed in a matching blue in the style of the recaros you have in the sunflower?

How about finding a battered set of recaro's, even evo ones that are the same shape but are cheaper, and having them trimmed in a matching blue in the style of the recaros you have in the sunflower?

Now that is a brilliant idea Rob, I was thinking about retrimming trophy/r26 recaro's but the cost of buying them the the retrimming put me off, don't no why I didn't think of evo/accord type r seats :eek: Rob

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Very nice indeed Craig - enjoy!

I really need to see a Ph1 in person with the 18" wheels. As mentioned with the interior its difficult being blue(ish) also with a car like this you don't want to change it too much!

30k!? Thats brand new!

Yeah its just ticked over onto 30 :)

Very nice indeed Craig - enjoy!

I really need to see a Ph1 in person with the 18" wheels. As mentioned with the interior its difficult being blue(ish) also with a car like this you don't want to change it too much!

Thanks Ben :)

I think you would like the 18s mate they just fill the archs out that little abit more without looking out of place. Yeah thats the only thing with the blueish ph1 interior, if i fitted trophy/r26 trendlines it would do my head in the black seats against the ph1 interior.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Its a lovely car Craig.. and a worthy substitute to a ph2 in LY. A tidy oem/+ ph1 is always a bit special in my view.. Tell us how the drive home goes, its always a memorable experience! :D

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Christ! very jealous.

As Rob said some Evo Recaro's, they don't recline but that wont matter.

That's awesome! Is the R26 staying Craig?

Yeah its staying Joe i did offer it in part ex to Couzens for his ph2 vee but he wanted something abit cheaper, but tbh id have been gutted to see it go its by far the best car ive owned such a great car.

Its a lovely car Craig.. and a worthy substitute to a ph2 in LY. A tidy oem/+ ph1 is always a bit special in my view.. Tell us how the drive home goes, its always a memorable experience! :D

Cheers mate :) as soon as i pulled up & seen it on the drive i fell in love & totally forgot about a ph2 lol. Ill let you no how it go's I'm looking forward to picking it up & driving it home. I couldn't get over the amount of people looking at it on the test drive, crazy :D

Christ! very jealous.

As Rob said some Evo Recaro's, they don't recline but that wont matter.

I had a look on ebay last night after @Rob give me the idea to see what evo & accord type r seats they were for sale, they were cheap enough too, would be good if i could then get them retrimmed in the same blue leather & alcantara as the original seats.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they are cheap, the frames will cost you more than the seats!

Pole positions look good as well.

Monaco
I never have car envy. Every time a friend gets a nice car I appreciate it but I'm happy with my little 172. But this spate of "I just got a V6" is really making me lust after one. Why do they have to be so expensive!?

Ph1 vees are growing on me and this one looks perfect! Great choice

Thanks mate, I went off the ph1s when the ph2s came out, as at the time the ph2s were a lot more modern looking but as they have both got older I like them both just as much tbh.

Awesome! Looks great.

Another car to your already epic collection!

Cheers Ben :)

I never have car envy. Every time a friend gets a nice car I appreciate it but I'm happy with my little 172. But this spate of "I just got a V6" is really making me lust after one. Why do they have to be so expensive!?

Trade the 172 in :D

This came yesterday but I was out so I've just been & picked it up from the post office.

Ph2 172 boot handle in iceberg silver saves painting one.

14246991451_23c54b6fc4_c.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Love it! Agree with Danny above, Ph2 Rear end would finish it off nicely...But the V6clio.net purists would hate me for saying that!

Glad you got one!

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I'll never forget one a mates dad getting one of these when they first came out - I just looked at it for about 20 mins in shock. I love them. V6 will be on the cards one day for sure. Lovely motor!!! Good choice.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I had a look on ebay last night after @Rob give me the idea to see what evo & accord type r seats they were for sale, they were cheap enough too, would be good if i could then get them retrimmed in the same blue leather & alcantara as the original seats.

I imagine ANY half decent trimmer will match standard ph1 fabrics so easily.

My advice, find a ph1 sport seat anywhere you can, just one, fucked or not, it doesn't matter.

Rip the cover off of the seat and take it down to an upholsterers.

Leave the cover with them and ask they to source a leather and alcantara that's a good match and get them to give you a call when they have.

Then go take a look, make sure you're happy, and drop the cheap messed up recaro's down there.

SORTED.

This came yesterday but I was out so I've just been & picked it up from the post office.

Ph2 172 boot handle in iceberg silver saves painting one.

14246991451_23c54b6fc4_c.jpg

Is fitting the handle not a right c**t? i.e you need the mechanism as well?

That is utterly exceptional, really well looked after that.

Dare i say it could be improved by a ph2 v6 spoiler?

Agreed. :eek: