ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Stalk

I just fitted a sony XR-M510 HU to my 1.2 clio extreme, I also got a coverter cable from halfords that lets me use the renault stalk, but is what i cant work out is how it fits. Can anyone give me some advice or even a quick howto.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Did this on my Dynamique. You have to remove the dash. It has to be connected behind the display, it is really obvious once you get the dash off.

yeah i did that today, but i got the lead that should give a display on the clock but that dont work. is there something else you have to plug in apart from the red conector in to the red conector?

Sounds like you got the wrong lead, how much did you pay...as the one that works the display aswell is about £70. The ones that work just the stalk are a lot cheaper

What it means is that it is designed to work the steering wheel control for cars that have a seperate display (as some lower models did not have this). It wont actually work the display though. I had one of these fitted but have now changed to a connects2 one that does work both the display and the stalk control.. cost £75

I put the connects2 lead into my Dynamique to link the stalk and display to my Sony MD unit, scrolls track info etc. across the dash display. Cost £60 and is a bit fiddly to get all the wiring in behind the head unit but is well worth the bother! get one now!

Nissan R35 GT-R

Steve where did you get the connects2 lead? Do you know if it will fit a Clio Cup as mine arrives on the 20th and i cant live with 22 watts, so planning on buying it now - lol.

Many thanks
Laurence.

Got it from Sounds Alarming, local dealer in Newcastle but you should be able to get one ordered from a decent ice shop. It should work in the cup cos id imagine the wiring is the same. Bit of a hassle to get all the wiring in behind the head mind but its well worth the bother, got me md track info scrolling across the dash display which looks quite trick!

Nissan R35 GT-R

Thanks for your help.

Ive found a company online who do it along with the head unit im after (£70 quid cheaper so thats like the adapter comes free )

Gonna order it now so it can go straight in once the car arives. Im gonna need some source of entertainment while im running it in you know.