ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renaults new toy

Clio 1.2 8v
que the clio williams 1 2 and 3, the clio 172, the clio 182, the v6 and now the new 197...

everytime they come out with a new almightily powerful hot hatch to blow your socks off everything seems to get a bit bigger.

not anymore.

the new weapon of renault is the renault twingo... yes that unbelievable shitter from the 1990's is having a major redesign and a superb new engine, this could be the follow up to the renault 5 itself.

behold, the renault twingo mk2

2914-1.jpg

2914-2.jpg

using a similar design of the c2, it has vastly more modern looks and a much smaller package than the renault clio mk3.

but whats powering it??

the only engine spec to be announced at the moment is the rival to the citroen c2's 1.6 VTR engine... but its only a 1.2

the twingo will have a 100bhp 1.2 turbo engine!!! i want one.

not only that but i told u that me turboing my 1.2 wasnt stupid lol.

BMW M135i
That with a 182 engine would be ace. Would probably kill the 197 though if done right so it'll probably never happen. :(

They're doing a RenaultSport version for the UK and it's based on the Mk2 Clio chassis so in effect it'll be a 182 chassis....

Gordon Murray's article in evo this month is to do with ever increasing car sizes and how manufacturers are making the smallest model bigger and then bringing in a new 'small' model!?!? VW Lupo, Renault Twingo etc...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
hope the engines bassed on the D4F 16v engine so you can use the bits to build a turbo clio cheaply.

cool wee car tho as long as its as light or lighter than a mk2 clio id have one, full exhaust, decat, cam, remap etc it would fly lol

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
i think most people on this site have seen this about 5 times over now at least. was in last months evo for a start

top of the pyramid
There def on about making it there doin a turbo charged 1 or 1.2 litre engine power of a 1.4 and torque of a 1.6 i rekon the reno sport version will have a 1.6 turbocharged engine or similar.

Renault could build one for pennies more than the normal car for you doing the job parts are much more expensive for starters lower CR block for them is free for you its £400 for pistons then you've got to fit them Renault cna do this when they build them.

Turbos, manifolds etc are all cheaper at the rates Renault would buy.

Clio 1.2 8v
Renault could build one for pennies more than the normal car for you doing the job parts are much more expensive for starters lower CR block for them is free for you its £400 for pistons then you've got to fit them Renault cna do this when they build them.

Turbos, manifolds etc are all cheaper at the rates Renault would buy.

true true but im doing it on a budget. im getting parts off ebay etc. sounds dodgy i no. but.... all i need is a T2 turbo, intercooler, and exaust system 172 full system with de-cat or sports cat wud be ideal.

thats the maint bit. then fitting (ok maybe thats the main bit lol) and fabricating manifold and downpipe and setting up.

shudnt take to long so labour costs r cut. lol

true true but im doing it on a budget. im getting parts off ebay etc. sounds dodgy i no. but.... all i need is a T2 turbo, intercooler, and exaust system 172 full system with de-cat or sports cat wud be ideal.

thats the maint bit. then fitting (ok maybe thats the main bit lol) and fabricating manifold and downpipe and setting up.

shudnt take to long so labour costs r cut. lol

You need bigger injectors and some sort of ECU fix for the boost also.

Fair play for you giving it a go though.

Clio 1.2 8v
yer got that sorted. added injectors on the side and a lil ecu box thingy gets added cant remember the name.

shud be fun when its done. wanna see if i can do 0-60 same as a 172 in a 1.2 lol

Megane Trophy
I think it looks the bollox, much better than the C2, if they do bring one out then i wouldnt mind one as a run around