ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaultsport 197/200 Official Sales Figures

Nissan 350z
Only 1 LY 200 Cup registered out of 429? :eek:

Interesting to know i have 1 of 12 sport yellow 250 Cups with Climate.

Last edited:
  Megane 275 trophy006
Only 143 197 with a panoramic sunroof. Always wanted to know how many there were.
Great link, thanks for posting.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Blimey there's not many pearl whites with my spec.
Shame I can't work out the exacts.

Last edited:
  Suzuki Jimny
Mines 1 of 55 with recaros in red :)

Would be good to see a list of exact specs, think Christophers is the only close one to mine.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
There are 10 more models added in total.

The LY 200 cup was a first build and there's only 1 of them. Was quite suprised to see that myself. Owned by a guy over on the RS community.

Clio 200 Cup
Mine's one of only 16 Deep Black Cups with Recaro's. Kind of sad to think that I may never see another like it. At the same time, quite cool to think that I'll never see another one like it!

ff cup ur 200
totally agree the sales figures were poor I just think its a bit harsh making everyone suffer 5dr and auto box, they could have catered for everyone with a 3dr manual version, I really wanted the mk4 rs to be the top dog amongst the hot hatches and just cant get my head around it being battered by a fiesta I really wanted it to be the top tog amongst the hot hatches like the mk1,2, and 3 were.

FF Clio 200 Cup
Mine's one of only 16 Deep Black Cups with Recaro's. Kind of sad to think that I may never see another like it. At the same time, quite cool to think that I'll never see another one like it!

Mnes a FF deep black with Recaros and cup chassis... Close enough :p

totally agree the sales figures were poor I just think its a bit harsh making everyone suffer 5dr and auto box, they could have catered for everyone with a 3dr manual version, I really wanted the mk4 rs to be the top dog amongst the hot hatches and just cant get my head around it being battered by a fiesta I really wanted it to be the top tog amongst the hot hatches like the mk1,2, and 3 were.

Agreed. Gutted that the fiesta is top dog. Would like to see a comparison with a 200.

I think the real issue is/was the credit crunch. People can't afford to run these types of cars like they used to.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Can someone confirm if I am being thick or not please?

ujane7e5.jpg

Those are the stats for 200 Cup's.

I have an RB with every option listed on there, am I 1 of a possible 8 in the UK?

Clio 200 Cup
Agreed. Gutted that the fiesta is top dog. Would like to see a comparison with a 200.

I think the real issue is/was the credit crunch. People can't afford to run these types of cars like they used to.

When you look at the prices of new cars and hot hatches in particular then I would suggest that it's the manufacturers who can't afford to develop them; consider that Renault are losing money hand over fist, have dramatically scaled back their UK line up and supposedly reduced the number of dealers they have. Why would you expect them to produce a 3 door body just for the RS version? The new Focus ST is 5 door only. The auto gearbox is extremely left field and unnecessary though. Where did I read recently that they were going to offer Sabelt seats as an option? The Sabelt buckets in the Alfa Mito QV are lovely. The rest of the mk 4 RS is sadly lacking in attitude and far too expensive though in my opinion. Think I'll wait for them to get to grips with it properly then I'll have another look.

Clio 200 Cup
Not yet, had a good look around/sit in the local dealership demonstrator but it didn't have plates on at the time. I've already pestered them for a go when they do...

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That's an interesting link

I liked the 200T at CSS. It looks great and the interior is nice too, wasn't keen on red seat belts and orange trim though? Why not either orange or red instead of both

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Cheers Luke ill have a read.
Just been reading the spec of one too and saw this

"Evocative red touches for seatbelts, instrument needles, air vent surrounds, gearlever knob and gaiter"

I'm colourblind! Haha

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I remember them saying that they dropped Xenons on the 200 due to them not being very popular, if im reading that right nearly 25% of 197's were specced with them, id have thought that was reasonably popular?!

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Interesting only two rb 197 with black speedlines like mine:) and at css a white 200 with the quilted leather recaro seats like my nimbus 200, plate read verry:)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Is there a site that shows all cars? I wouldn't mind knowing how many Mica Red classic Imprezas are about.