ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RenaultSport 197 - British Motor Show Pictures (56k Warning)

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2 16v
Went to the British International Motor Show this morning and had to get some pics taken of the RenaultSport 197 which was on display.

Click the pics for larger hi-resolution pictures.

DSC00953.gif

DSC00954.gif

DSC00955.gif

DSC00956.gif

DSC00957.gif

DSC00958.gif

DSC009599.gif

DSC00960.gif

DSC00961.gif

DSC00962.gif

DSC00964.gif

E-mail me at "mail'@'tashon.com" (remove the ' ') if you want permission to use these pics elsewhere

Last edited:
  BMW E46 330i Touring
Interesting to see they've added a spoiler to the Cup version, contradicting their own statement that said that a spoiler would only ruin the effects of the diffuser.

Looks good slammed on those wheels though, shoulda picked white...

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Ads_172 said:
Interesting to see they've added a spoiler to the Cup version, contradicting their own statement that said that a spoiler would only ruin the effects of the diffuser.

If I recall the spoiler just lowers top speed.... 134mph is going to be pretty high for a Super 1600 rally car anyway.

M2 Competition
Have just noticed that the 197 cup race car has standard glass windows??

ie not plastic with sliders?

GW RS200
silver handles? i take it colour coding is now considered 'yesterday'? Still at least they look brushed - the polished chrome trend of the moment as seen on the vxr's makes me want to vomit; it's so american!

S.

M2 Competition
DarthCake said:
If I recall the spoiler just lowers top speed.... 134mph is going to be pretty high for a Super 1600 rally car anyway.

Its the cup race car, not the rally car isnt it?

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2 16v
Iwas trying to get pics of the interior through the window, but there was a barrier in the way plus (oddly enough) a group of Japanese guys huddled round the front end of the car so I couldnt get close enough

Tangoed Works
No pics of the silver one that was there? I was under the impression that there were reverse wings underneath the car, but looking underneath all they have done is made it flat as possible to accelerate the air through the diffuser. Very nice touch and less drag at high speeds.

Clio 172
Beat me to it! I got some pics too, however I got there early and managed to get a full side/front pic. I was impressed with the new silver 197 at the show, IMO I think it looks understated but very sporty and all the better for it! looks better in the flesh and I want one.

anyway here's the cup:
STA60027_edited.jpg