ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaultsport 200

GJC

Peugeot 207 150THP
At present, I have a Peugeot 207 150THP which I am getting rid of in April. I test drove a Renaultsport 200 on Sunday and will probably order a new one this weekend. Are those of you that have them quite pleased with them? Despite searching, I have not found many owners reviews/comments which I have found useful.

I guess what I am really asking is should I buy one????

Thanks in advance.

if you are happy with the size of the 207 but want something more interactive and precise and don't mind losing a bit
of lazy mid range torque then yes

(disclaimer i've not driven either just read alot)

V6 255
Had mine since May last year. Absolutely love it. Best all round car I've owned. Better than a meg 250 for feel and involvement, but not as good as a Clio Trophy.

Any specifics you want to know?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
2 Months old tomorrow mine... Fecking awesome...

It's in for warranty work though Saturday for a few gripes (Primer showing on door mouldings, N/S Button wont lock car, Indicator Stalk/Wiper stalk console not straight) - but all cars get little niggles.

Not cheap to run, but it's a farping hoot :)

Personally, Recaros wern't needed, Big BIG question is FF - Cup - or FF + Cup. I went for the later and 800 miles on, it's settled down LOADS!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Depends what the other options are. It will cost a fair bit to run, and due to the very cheap pcp deals being chucked out most of last year, residuals are going to be pretty horrendous. Really, it'll be a bloodbath.
It's the best hot hatch to drive, but far from the best all rounder. The interior is below the class average, the steering isn't great and the gear shift annoys me. Has great brakes though.

GTD, Lupo
Had mine 20 months now and covered 18k miles. loved every moment of it. I dont think you will regret it.

rs 200
Driven the GTI and own a 200. I think you will enjoy the renault it is a much better car. IMO. The pug felt slow handling was ok not equal to the 200, the engine is good obviously but i thing the gear ratios where in need of some changes. At the time i test drove bothe 197 and the pug i felt the 197 was much better and IMO the 200 is an improvement over the 197. so you should be quite pleased i think.

Clio 172
Possibly not the gearshift, but I do love the gear ratios as a road car!
It's a Renault aren't they're gearshifts all like that, unless you've got a fix, in which case I'd love to hear about it! Unfortunately I can't run to a Sadev box just yet:(

E92 325D
Had mine 3 weeks today and have covered 1400 mile...need i say any more? lol

As said the biggest decision is whether to cup or full fat (with or without cup chassis) , if you go for a cup just because its cheaper...dont, you'll really miss the things a full fat one has and its not that much more. But the full fat with cup chassis as mentioned settles down and isnt too hard but handles like its on rails.

Love mine!

Something Not French
Its easy really. Get a FF & Cup pack, its really not as harsh as you might think. Most of the time (during general driving) its surprisingly refined and only crashes over the massive craters you would try and avoid anyway.

I test drove 2 200s, one with and one without the Recaros. Now its these seats that will ruin the ride quality IMO. I went without them, as at £900 they are expensive and a lot (I Mean ALOT) firmer than the standard seats. If you can live with the harshness, or just plan on running the car at weekends fair enough, but I use mine daily and couldn't see them being helpful to me.

The standard seats are just as body hugging, but a lot more pleasant to live with in everyday driving. I should know, I've covered 5000 miles in just over 3 months.

Other options, go with the Monitorpack. You get the Monitor pack (Duh) and the bluetooth stereo upgrade which is mint. Other than that up to you, I wished I specced the headlight upgrade now though.

No problems at all with mine, engines is freeing up nicely now, and starting to return half decent fuel economy (regularly getting 29mpg+ on my commute now).

GJC

Peugeot 207 150THP
Thank you all for the really helpful and friendly thoughts and advice. I will probably order the car this afternoon and I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.