ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RenaultSport Clio Conversion

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Stop the 2012 CS forum Epic Fail Thread competition now! As we have ourselves a winner :drunk:

TomRob, do you have anyhting that will lower your insurance? PassPlus? Advanced Driving Cert? If you don't then there's something wrong with your insurance, there is no way you would get insured for a 1.2, nevermind a 2.0 at your age with a write off and an engine conversion, to be frank I don't think many people would insure you with those conditions. I know I wouldn't.

I know people who front on a 1.2 8v and pay £1400 as a named driver. Not to be harsh but I don't believe your story. Get it sorted.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Insurance companies go to all sorts of lengths to get out of claims

Badly worded.

Insurance is probably the most fraudulent business to be in. They (insurers) go to all sorts of lengths to protect themselves from fraud, not to get out of paying out on a claim. Most of the time if you follow the correct procedure and are genuine insurance will pay on a claim.

Listerine & Poledo
^That.

If people were honest with insurers more often, there'd be a lot less agro once claims are submitted

R26
I personally think people are being harsh. He's said he is/will insure it properly. My insurance was £900 on my own at 18 so why is 1100 so unbelievable on a multicar quote?

And also as Vicky said why would it come up as a 1*2 when it's just an engine change. Pretty sure the tax wouldn't change either.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I personally think people are being harsh. He's said he is/will insure it properly. My insurance was £900 on my own at 18 so why is 1100 so unbelievable on a multicar quote?

And also as Vicky said why would it come up as a 1*2 when it's just an engine change. Pretty sure the tax wouldn't change either.
Did you write your car off at 17 though?

Breaking 172 NV676

I'm sure tax is based on emissions and for engine swaps I believe it takes the tax band of the donor vehicle.

Listerine & Poledo
engine changes have to be declared to the DVLA which would surely change he tax band accordingly?

they cant test it, so no, it stays as a 1.2, although, in fairness, tax is the thin end of the wedge when costs come into it.

Are you nathan millions mate? Loving the car!

LOL?!?!

Forget the insurance fraud, where do these people come from that think slapping massive racing stripes over a completely standard car makes it look good!?!?!

P.S. As I've already said I thought the 1.2 looked pretty sick, blue/white colour coding looked great, standard bumper suited it fine and the wheels dare I say it suited it better than a set of turinis!

Ph2 172
Forum posts like this can definately get you into all sorts of trouble, if you did have a serious accident, ive known people to be prosecuted because of the way they talk on forums and project threads, by this i mean the police or investigation team search forums for example as we all have cliosport.net window stickers, this thread could be used in court against you!

And another thing if you couldn't handle a 1.2 clio why on earth would you proceed to drop a 172 engine with 3x the power and think your going to get away with bodging the insurance when you wrap yourself round a lamp post again!

Listerine & Poledo
where do these people come from that think slapping massive racing stripes over a completely standard car makes it look good!?!?!

Problem?

(yes, they look silly, but at least if I'm ever at a CS meet I know which black 172 is mine at a distance without needing glasses to read the reg) ;)

Grande 1.2
your situation has confused me...are you insured? think your insured? or not at all?? lol

well.. the only way to dig yourself out of this mate.... is contact & update your insurance and pay the propper premium, or take your car off the road..... at least then you wont need to delete the thread! (if it could even be done)

Grande 1.2
he got it off a mate who did the conversion...

I bet you just found the qoute online by typing in the reg on confused.com or something! and the insurance companies assume its a 1.2 = hence the cheap insurance qoute

you said youve known the car ages before you bought it. so im guessing its down to your 'mate' who never declared the conversion, and sold it to you!

am i right?? or am i missing something lol!!

Breaking 172 NV676
This thread reminds me of my mate who had a corsa VXR which was heavily breathed on running 300bhp.... He got a quote before he brought it based on the reg and a couple of light mods for £1600. When he got it home with the full list of modifications and his dads stance of you either insure it properly or its going, it cost him 3500 to insure it properly.

Grande 1.2
This thread reminds me of my mate who had a corsa VXR which was heavily breathed on running 300bhp.... He got a quote before he brought it based on the reg and a couple of light mods for £1600. When he got it home with the full list of modifications and his dads stance of you either insure it properly or its going, it cost him 3500 to insure it properly.

de ja fuckin vu! lol

RS172 Flamer
Insurance is a scam, my first year declared all the mods and it went up £20! Second year they tried charging over £400 extra for the mods. Had to put it basically standard! (Except tints + exhaust)

Currently paying £1'700 on a K4M at 19 with 2years NCB. Wish i'd of stuck to my 1.2

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Lol bless, I'd cry

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i've been to work for the last 6 hours almost and this is still going on lol :D.

insurance is'nt a scam, its the idiots that scam them by not telling the full trueth to what is modded on your car.

put it this way, i am 17 and pay £2300 or round abouts for my dci, im expecting it to rocket when i tell them what i have done to it when finished. ( btw not using it atm, still in peices up at the garage, so i'm not driving for peace of peoples already agro minds )