ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RenaultSport Clio Conversion

Re: Clio sport convertion!

you might say its a quote mate but if i was you, i would notify the DVLA of your conversion, get the correct documents and tax for that perticular spec and insure it properly.
Tax will be the same as if he had a 1.2 even if he had a 3.0 in it

Insurance is a scam, my first year declared all the mods and it went up £20! Second year they tried charging over £400 extra for the mods. Had to put it basically standard! (Except tints + exhaust)
If by scam you mean its a business which need to make profit then yes it is.

You mod it you pay the price of being a higher risk driver.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
sort your documents out mate and your insurance a when you wrap it round a tree and nearly kill yourself and the people in the car coming the opposite way youll get slapped with a hefty fine and possibly a spell with big dave in prison who will like your prety mouth lol. but in all seriousness its noobs like this that are making it hard for young lads to get insurance legitimatly fukin wa*kers

RacingBlue + IceBurg
he just told u the guy fucked up his car.... yet u want the number to take yours to him? ............................lol?

Fiesta Zetec S
When questioning the previous owner on whether the engine swap had been declared he replied "it depends whose asking and anyway it means cheap tax and insurance" either way he’s a major quim who now drives a Subaru and your cars down as a 1.2 I hope u get caught for fronting as you and many others deserve!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
just for evryone elses information admiral and any other company associated with EUI limited DO NOT insure any engine conversions that isnt like for like.

so going on the quote this guy received on a multicar (being as the only true multicar providers are admiral) policy they dont know its been converted.

TT QS
LOL at all of this.
rolling your first and still claiming to be schumacher
not declaring this one.
when i was 18 on a 1.4 clio it was 1800 and id driven my mums car for a year.
just saying -_-

(s)Low Dynamique
I'm now paying £4180 to insure my 1.2 haha, all legitimate and in my own name - with 1 years crash-free driving experience (not NCB, was on my parents policy for the first year).

Decided to pay the price in the aim of gaining NCB and bringing it down ultimately. But it's only so expensive because I live in the middle of two council estates where cars get set on fire every weekend.

Anyway back on topic I highly doubt that if you're the same age as me you're insured on a sport conversion legitimately for £1100. Aren't fully declared conversions dearer to insure than just a normal sport?

Jake, have you added your parents as named drivers? You will still get the NCB but it will bring your price down a bit, sounds like you might not have done that

(s)Low Dynamique
Jake, have you added your parents as named drivers? You will still get the NCB but it will bring your price down a bit, sounds like you might not have done that

My Dad's on the policy, all though my Mother isn't (she has 9 points and 2 crashes in the last couple of years haha). I think the price is mainly down to the sh*t area I live in

I'm now paying £4180 to insure my 1.2 haha, all legitimate and in my own name - with 1 years crash-free driving experience (not NCB, was on my parents policy for the first year).

Decided to pay the price in the aim of gaining NCB and bringing it down ultimately. But it's only so expensive because I live in the middle of two council estates where cars get set on fire every weekend.

Anyway back on topic I highly doubt that if you're the same age as me you're insured on a sport conversion legitimately for £1100. Aren't fully declared conversions dearer to insure than just a normal sport?

Haha where abouts are you in Stockport I pay roughly 1800 fully comp but council estates do kill the premium for sure.

s**t area it is tbh.

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
Seeing as everyone seems to be paying so much less for insurance on clio sports is depressing, £3000 on my 1.2 for my first year of being insured as an 18 year old...

Makes me think im never going to be able to afford to upgrade.

Seeing as everyone seems to be paying so much less for insurance on clio sports is depressing, £3000 on my 1.2 for my first year of being insured as an 18 year old...

Makes me think im never going to be able to afford to upgrade.

Tip, don't get a clio. So many have been written off that the insurance price is ridiculous even when you have ncb and are older.
My juke is a 196bhp 61plate and is under £500. (Im 20 with 2 years ncb)

106 Quicky
Tip, don't get a clio. So many have been written off that the insurance price is ridiculous even when you have ncb and are older.

Check your seat belt bolts are tight! my mate fits them at Nissan and he is thick as f*ck

BMW 535d
on my 1.2 first year both parents on with over 5 yrs ncb each, postcode and kept in garage. 172 bodykit and exhaust declared and nr14 postcode was £2800 fully comp and with the same and 1 yr ncb for myself should be going to £900 ish with elephant multicar. However for me to get insured on a 172 with cost of about £1000 would still cost £4000 and i will be 18 so no was has he managed to get that insured legitimately

(s)Low Dynamique
Haha where abouts are you in Stockport I pay roughly 1800 fully comp but council estates do kill the premium for sure.

s**t area it is tbh.

I'm from borderline great moor/hazel grove near stepping hill hospital. My road near enough backs onto offerton estate, and having areas like adswood not far from me doesn't help either :/

Fiesta Zetec S
Congratulations on admitting on your facebook you have been racing at the lights and your car is not insured properly. Its all well and good being a straight line warrior but can u go round corners…. Oh wait that’s when you usually roll them isn’t it ;)

BMW 535d
Muppets like this make me RAGE

When I spent a good few hours filling out paperwork of what mods are on the Williams, sent photographic evidence and everything.

4yncb, 22 and no points and i still got whacked with 1640!

Im such an honest plonker I am nervous about going to a different rolling road and getting a more generous figure for crying out loud in case my insurance goes WOAH NELLY ITS GAINED 5BHP.

Scummy little s**t head I have a perfectly good head on today to report you myself.

gashy little prick

When I spent a good few hours filling out paperwork of what mods are on the Williams, sent photographic evidence and everything.

Im such an honest plonker I am nervous about going to a different rolling road and getting a more generous figure for crying out loud in case my insurance goes WOAH NELLY ITS GAINED 5BHP.

Scummy little s**t head I have a perfectly good head on today to report you myself.

gashy little prick

Thank you. Your not the only one on here mate. If only everyOne was the same insurance would be cheaper for everyone.

[JonnyM];8375807 said:
Congratulations on admitting on your facebook you have been racing at the lights and your car is not insured properly. Its all well and good being a straight line warrior but can u go round corners…. Oh wait that’s when you usually roll them isn’t it ;)

LOL

RacingBlue + IceBurg

gashy little prick

do it

German V6
just like 90% of other people in this thread i am also about to rage :)

18 , no points 2 years ncb , wheels, coilovers, head unit and even my dual optics (soon to be) declared and I pay 1200, I hate c***s like you ...

Octavia VRS LE
i have never had any engine mods, but from my experience with visual mods and declaring them my insurance didnt change much... but if you cant afford the insurance why do the mods? simple... and telling everyone on a public forum is just silly

107 Track Car & C4

This. If I had realised this before I probably wouldn't of got mine and kept my Peugeot 407SW. It was only 2 insurance groups lower than the 182 and it was about £550 a year cheaper to insure. I'm only just 21 a few months ago

People like you are the reason insurance prices are so high. So grow up and just declare what you've done to the car!

Listerine & Poledo
Jeeeeez.
I really thought this thread would have died by now.

Anything happened in the past 4 pages? Besides OP being flamed like a whopper for being several-hundred percent r****d?

Listerine & Poledo
Older than 29
stripez declared
lie in a demilitarised zone
no calims or points
woman on the policy
£700

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Clio 220 Trophy
Re: Clio sport convertion!

30 something cough, cough, 200 with a few option, paying £375, fc, protected & legal cover

try aviva

HI Si
On here as well eh

As stated on RS forum my boy, 19yrs, no ncd , 1 total loss accident, insured 1.2 16v Clio Campus sport 55 reg £1220.00 fully comp.