ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaultsport Trackdays

Here we go again for 2004. 2 dates booked at Bedford Autodrome - Friday 21 May and Friday 23 July. Same format as last year, running on track from 5pm finishing with barbeque. Youll have a drive in the Cup race cars and hot laps as a passenger in either the 182, V6 255 or Megane 225. Price £150. If youre interested leave your details at http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/trackdayswww.renaultsport.co.uk/trackdays and well get back to you with more details

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

details left

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Jeremy, can I bring a 16v or does it have to be 172.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Details added.

Jas - I think it says you have to have a 172, cup, 182, spider or V6, at least a "RenaultSport" car to participate?

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

put my name down assumin Renault can get my car to do another 3000 miles without havin to fix the engine or the electrics again!!

Currently it has to be a Renaultsport car. You drive your own car on the track, plus drive one of the Cup race cars and then are driven in either the 182, V6 255 or Megane 225

Hmmmm Ive put my name down....... I think Id better grab a sound meter and see what level my exhaust is :S

Jeremy, can you get the noise limit and test distance from the Autodrome guys please?

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

damn, and I wanted to thrash the 16v round and show up a few 172s ;)

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Nah, even though you have throttlebodies youll still be eating my 172 dust, lol

Please read the following carefully because if your car, at any time, exceeds our noise limits you will not be allowed to drive it on our circuit.

At Bedford Autodrome we have two noise tests. First your car will be subjected to a static test, in which the noise level is measured 50cm away from your exhaust pipe with the engine at 75% of maximum rpm. The reading must not exceed 101 dB(A).

Secondly, and more significantly, your car must comply with our drive-by noise limits. The noise emission from your car must not exceed 87 dB(A) measured 20 metres from your car, which shall be accelerating maximally at over 60 mph.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

So if I book and they tell me im too loud do I loose my money???

Ive got a K-tech and Viper...anyone know if this will be too loud????

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Just as a guide JT, are these limits close to a standard 172? or a modded decat exhaust etc?

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by chris172 on 02 February 2004

Chris

Mine was fine last time with the Viper and K-tec exhaust.

Wayne

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Such a shame us valvers cant join in..............i think its cause we might give the 172s a little scare......;)

172, Tiguan

Will we get confirmation of getting a place? - Only shotgun cos I e mailed at 3:30!

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 02 February 2004

when we (and Renault) did the trackday for 16V and Willys none took part, so maybe you lot were scared then ?!?!?!?? ;)
When was this?? unless it was located right up north..?

I would have been there like a shot otherwise!

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Quote: Originally posted by Slugger on 02 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by chris172 on 02 February 2004

Chris

Mine was fine last time with the Viper and K-tec exhaust.

Wayne

COOL!! names on the list!!!

Ive been on previous Renault track days, do I have to re-register or will I still get the invites like I did last year? (also, can I pre-book the V6 ride)

Quote: Originally posted by aaronc on 03 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 02 February 2004

when we (and Renault) did the trackday for 16V and Willys none took part, so maybe you lot were scared then ?!?!?!?? ;)
When was this?? unless it was located right up north..?

I would have been there like a shot otherwise!
It was last year, cant remember which one, but it was at Bedford as well !! you were obviously not paying full enough attention !! ;)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 03 February 2004

Jeremy

Is it allowing 2 drivers per car this time? We only have one RS car now !! :(
This has been a drawback of these events in the past - Were in the same situation.

Mike - I am hoping that the insurance situation is sorted and they will allow 2 drivers per car now - if not then I shall have to fight him for the car for that day !!! :devilish:

trouble is I know who will win !!! :(

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 03 February 2004
Hmmm, so do I (shes polishing her helmet as I type). Will you bring the scrabble or shall I?

unlucky mike... could have been a better way of getting you not to drive... polishing your helmet maybe ;-)

LOL

curborough btw?

/y-z