ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RenaultySport Diesel ... would you buy it?

Its got the grunt, and its got better fuel consumption that the petrol version. And since the front end of the mk3 Clio is based on the Megane, the engine and gearbox should fit.

Would you buy one?

If not, why not?
I'd buy one yep except I cannot drive Megans (stupid pedal design) and there to overpriced new.

Engine and box arn't an exact fit though.
imagine what it may be able to do re-mapped

Blow its box lol.

Diesel boxes are designed to handle big torque though. Although if its a Renault box it could be anyones guess.
Yep that gearbox is rated to 400NM before itn't not waretied the first engines made 400NM and blew the boxes so they've derated them so forget mapping to get more torque its just the HP you can chase due to the gearbox.

Lol, only a matter of time. Wonder if they're gonna do the 2.0 DCI 175 in the Clio 3

197 Owners wouldn't like getting pushed off the side of the road by an oil burner :lolup:

And that's probably why they won't..

Torque steer won't be nice in any FWD 2.0 diesel.
No chance it would be a low power 1.9 or a tunned 1.5 most likly. Canot have it chasing its 197 twin.

Torque stears easy to fit on it thats not a lot of toque realy if its well desinged.

Whats the point in getting a performance car if you're bothered about economy? I mean seriously why bother. From the looks of it the standard 225 costs a bit less, and it only does 10 or so less to the galon. I really don't get it.

Realistically it will go about 45mpghg vs say 30 for the 225 do 30k and the savings add up and the car will be worth more at resale than a high milage 225.

What people forget is that Audi had won that race every year for the last 6years (with a petrol). So Audi winning it again, whether they used another petrol or switched to diesel, looked odds on anyway. Audi plough so much more money into it than any other company.

So that's not the best example to use.
There quite a few TDi racers out there now winning championship sor doing a very good job showing there potential.

Scirocco GT 210
There quite a few TDi racers out there now winning championship sor doing a very good job showing there potential.

Meaning they're just as good as petrols then?

Each to there own is what I say. Depends on whether you like the power lower down or higher up in the rev range.

Meaning they're just as good as petrols then?

Each to there own is what I say. Depends on whether you like the power lower down or higher up in the rev range.
Well if there racing in championships with less money invested in them due to owners not wanting to be sure if they should invest and doing well then surly there just as good?

Low down or high up doesn't matter for a racer you need power bands.