ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RenaultySport Diesel ... would you buy it?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i'd rather pay the extra money to buy and run the 225.

that's just me. a diesel's power delivery isn't my bad at all...

audi a6 3.0tdi
i wouldn't mind one as an everyday car it would be better on the motorways with the torque. deffinately not as a weekend car though

CB600FS
Lol, only a matter of time. Wonder if they're gonna do the 2.0 DCI 175 in the Clio 3

197 Owners wouldn't like getting pushed off the side of the road by an oil burner :lolup:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Lol, only a matter of time. Wonder if they're gonna do the 2.0 DCI 175 in the Clio 3

197 Owners wouldn't like getting pushed off the side of the road by an oil burner :lolup:

And that's probably why they won't..

Torque steer won't be nice in any FWD 2.0 diesel.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member

I would buy one for that, and also because it would be nice as well. A megane 1.9 DCI remapped makes 20Nm less torque then a remapped 225 i think.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I hate the way you need to drive a diesel. Nothing, nothing, everything, change gear, nothing, nothing.....

Not my bag.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
unless you get it just right, there aint much lag plus 3 gear onwards seem longer gears on the renaults now.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
renaultsport diesel.
is that a mistake?

i didnt think sport and diesel would ever been in the same sentence.

lol

its a revolution

LY V6 with Recaros
Only if I was particularly after a diesel car, but I would buy the petrol version personally.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i'd still buy my 225 i think, if it wasn't a weekend only / fun car then I'd go for a dci.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Whats the point in getting a performance car if you're bothered about economy? I mean seriously why bother. From the looks of it the standard 225 costs a bit less, and it only does 10 or so less to the galon. I really don't get it.

Scirocco GT 210

What people forget is that Audi had won that race every year for the last 6years (with a petrol). So Audi winning it again, whether they used another petrol or switched to diesel, looked odds on anyway. Audi plough so much more money into it than any other company.

So that's not the best example to use.

Although Polarbert is being a little primative with his views lol.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Whats the point in getting a performance car if you're bothered about economy? I mean seriously why bother. From the looks of it the standard 225 costs a bit less, and it only does 10 or so less to the galon. I really don't get it.

If you're after the performance, surely buy the diesel as it'll be quicker than an equivalent 225:quiet:

If I was getting a megane I'd buy that one with the LSD as there's some pretty good deals, and without it, it'd torque steer too much.

Can't wait for the first 225 vs 220(remapped 175;)) video on youtube.

No. It will be noisy and have loads of shitty black smoke coming out the back when booted. I don't like people laughing at me :(

Civic Vtec y0
I would consider a Sport Diesel as I really struggle to run my Coupe as I do quite a bit of miles to and from work, but I dont want anything less as its not fun as a weekend car...I would defo consider one!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I wouldn't buy one, but that's purely because I'm not into diesels. They smell BIG time. I hate following diesels of any discription, make me cough. YUK!

Personally speaking, I am waiting to see what they do with the Twingo. That's more up my street.

172 mk2 Iceberg
yea id get one for an everyday runner if it didnt cost the earth..

I am looking at the bmw 330d and 335d which are wicked cars