ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Repair My iPhone4

Bumder With A Buffer
Im putting this thread up more for information purposes and if its deemed to be a bit naughty then feel free to delete.

A guy at work Gave me his sisters iPhone 4S that she had dropped and broken the back from. The fault reported was it would not turn on so I was to see how muc hto repair it (if possible) and let her know a price.

So this is how it came..

IMAG1690.jpg

My first thoughts were hmm somethings not right here, back panel doesn't seem like any iPhone 4 or 4S I have ever taken apart.

So took the back off and was confronted with this...

IMAG1691.jpg

something not right here, I have never seen an iPhone 4 with that type of battery and why the hell is there an additional sim card holder and a memory card.

At this point (took about 30 seconds to get this far) it twigged..."This is an iPhone copy", and a pretty good one cosmetically wise.

A few pics of the interanls..

IMAG1694.jpg

IMAG1693.jpg

The "Flash LED"

IMAG1695.jpg

A few external pics

IMAG1688.jpg

IMAG1686.jpg

IMAG1687.jpg

And now a comparison to to the REAL iPhone4. Real one is always on the left.

IMAG1696.jpg

Real...

IMAG1697.jpg

Fake...

IMAG1698.jpg

Real....

IMAG1699.jpg

Fake...

IMAG1700.jpg

Real...

IMAG1701.jpg

Fake....

IMAG1702.jpg

Real.....

IMAG1703.jpg

Fake....

IMAG1704.jpg

Apparently the guys sister bought this privately a few months back for £350, even came in the proper iPhone box with all the instructions from a phone shop in Lannnndon. Feel a bit sorry for her really!

Now whilst I wouldn't own one of the "fakes" and they are obviously naughty I was quite impressed with how accurate the externals were to the real thing. If you were to look at it quickly you would seriously not notice it was a "fake". Powered up will be a different matter as I believe these run a version of Android. Can't power this one up as the battery is dead, and it requires a new back panel...needless to say the "normal" iPhone4 battery and cover will not fit!

As said only posted this for information purposes. I found it quite interesting how good a clone this was so thought I would share.

Oh and this is what a normal iPhone4 looks like inside..and thats how i managed to figure out it was a clone so quickly.

iphone4sbattery_02.jpg

Vs "The Clone"

IMAG1691.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
WOW. How did she not twig it was a fake??

I honestly have no idea.

I suspect that most people will just look at it from the outside and the software functionality and not notice any difference. I could tell something was a miss from the off, maybe because I have a brain?!

Pretty convincing cosmetically anyway, if you've never used another you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Bumder With A Buffer
Pretty convincing cosmetically anyway, if you've never used another you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Exactly my thinking.

Video here..(not mine) and I suspect this one will look exactly the same.

[youtube]K4ULEr6dWjo[/youtube]

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
No its an Android OS that looks just like IOS apparently. I have since watched a video on youtube of one running and its VERY convincing.

Suppose, the one I saw it was only convincing at the menu. Everything else was original android software.

I'm assuming she has never used iTunes then?

Bumder With A Buffer
No

Apparently the shop told her this was "Apples latest version which could be set-up away from Itunes, and you put music, movies on by mounting like a USB pen"

Bells would have been ringing for me at that point but she is a woman after all.

Fair play, cosmetically there's not a great deal in that at all. The camera app on the fake looks terrible though!