ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Repairable? or Write off?

Alibi Blue 200
???

When they pay out, they'll end the policy. (They did to my g/f) You'll then have to get a new one, with a claim. $$$$!!!!

Depends on the company, my car just got wrote off. I phoned them up and they just charged me an admin fee to change over to the new car.

clio 1.2
Insured have sent a cheque for £3900 minus £400 excess. Should be getting it in the post within this week according to insurers.
Cheers,

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not really! That's a good settlement.

People are always wanting to buy the car back these days. Imo take the cheque and start again.

It's more hassle than it's worth buying the car back.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
TBH repairing yourself isnt any easy option unless you have access to a jig to pull the damage out. Its likely to have pushed the chassis leg back and unless thats sorted the car is never going to be right.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
I know a guy that lost £13k on a CTR because he didn't declare stuff, iirc he's still paying it off.

I spoke to a girl last week who is paying off a 4k car loan with no car now after writing off her 206 with non standard alloys wheels.

As Revels said it might happen, it might not.

my dads also an assesor and had to tell a bloke that had a s2000 with 27k worth of mods that his insurance was void and wasnt going to be paid out... none of his mods were declared lol