ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

replacing 172 radiator - bumper removal ?

Chocolate Bar™
whats the easiest way of replacing the radiator on the 172. im guessing to remove the front bumper and go at it that way. or can you get to it comfortably from beneath ?

car is off the road, so if bumper remonval is more time consuming thats not a real issue.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yer bumper off/ cant get it out the bottom, its attached to the air con rad though.

fairly easy

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
IMG_1786.jpg

you will need to remove the t-pannel too (well it will be easier)

Chocolate Bar™
cheers ben! Is there a guide or something on replacing it? Might have to nick a haynes manual off someone

CB600FS
Bumper - Remove the 2 X 10mms underneath holding the bumper onto the subframe. Remove the T20s in each wheel arch liner (can jack the car up and take the wheels off if you've got claws for hands) Pull back the arch liner and you'll see a 10mm either side holding the bumper onto the wing. Under the bonnet theres 2 plastic clips - at the top of the grill, pop these off. Now lever the bumper forward / outwards either side at a time, best with a mate each side, unclip fog lights. Done.

T-Panel - Theres a git of 13mm right at the front going backwards from the slam panel, 13mm ratchet spanners easiest. Might be two on a Ph1. Undo the 2 X 10mms holding the bonnet catch onto the T-Panel and pull out, move out the way (note where the holes line up as if you line it up wrong after the bonnet can jam shut - should be roughly central.) You'll see the remaining bolts around near the headlights.

VRS
did you do it today fella?

if you have got magic fingers you should be able to to swap the radiator without having to remove the fan or the aircon condensor :)

its tricky but a lot easier than taking it all out

VRS
ah cool :D

there a clio haynes manual in congy library if that helps lol

took a few hours but wasnt too hard to do :D

Chocolate Bar™
i'm guessing it'll take a couple of days because once the front bumper comes off i'll go racing into the garage to get it polished lmao.

either that, or ill call mini-valver ;)

M

mini-valver

Lol, I knew my name would be in here somewhere! Found that Haynes manual so if you want me to come and help, give me a text. I'm free this weekend either way mate!

Chocolate Bar™
good stuff, you know theres always a few stella in it for you! will check out those radiators. madmike, if you can get hold of one let us know!

M

mini-valver

Woohoo! Your spraying and PCing skills will be more than enough fela. Glad to help :)