ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing brake master cylinder on 182

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
The seals have failed on my brake master brake cylinder,can't find any guides on replacing it so just wondering if anyone has done one and if they have any advice.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yes, I've done a couple before... Pray, swear an curse it!

Car jacked up, drivers wheel off and arch liners out (liners out to allow access to lower servo area/brake pipe access on ABS cars). Support engine, remove engine mount and slide it towards the front of the car as much as possible. Remove brake lines from master cylinder (enjoy this if your car has ABS). Remove master cylinder.

Replace in reverse then bleed brakes!

Pay very close attention when refitting brake pipe unions to the new MC as they're easy to cross thread.

Mick

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Having a few problems with my brakes,it started when I done a brake fluid change,after bleeding the brakes there was no feel to the pedal it just went down to the floor,I first thought it was the brake master cylinder seals as could not find any leaks in the brake system so got a new one from renault and fitted it no joy,I have now also changed the servo as well and the brakes are still the same.This is doing my head as I can't think what it could be,

Any help would much appreciated.