ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing car radio?!

clio!
Need some help here! I have an 03 clio with the original headunit radio thing, and need to take that out to put in one i bought in halfords a while back (as I can't plug iphone into the one in the clio already). Is it easy to do myself? I have no idea where to start.. or can I take it to a local garage? Cheers!

Edition 30
Put it on Facebook. A lad your age should be able to do it for less than a garage etc...

Failing that there are guides all over the Internet, get a family member involved.

If you have the Haynes manual it tells you how to but you will need some release pins like these.
eade_35.jpg

Disconnect the negative on the battery before you start. People will say you don't need to but i was always told to isolate the electrics before working on them and I've seen quite a few threads where people haven't then the car won't start. I disconnected before changing mine and had no problems.
The connectors on the back can be quite fiddly but other than that it's easy.

Titanium 182
As above, it's a relatively easy task - I imagine they'll be a step by step guide online somewhere. If you're still not confident of doing it, take it to Halfords or a local car audio store and they'll put it in for about £10/15. If you bought it from Halfords there might be some kind of discount to be had too, usually is!

Ph2 Flamer
Don't pay for release keys, chop up an old wire coat hanger or use some thin Allen or torx keys which fit the holes.

clio!
I got the pins and it was simple to pull out - I have no idea what does in where though - the single wire on te right doesn't appear to fit - I am told from my useless description this is te airial and I need some kind of adapter? I am going to get a boy to do it I reckon!!!!

1eight2
Yeah if you take it to Halfords tell them you want an 03 Clio adapter to (sony, JVC, alpine - whatever make headunit) It just clips in. You might also need a radio adapter usually about a fiver but probably cheaper on eBay.

Accord 2.4
Very easy to do, make sure you have an ariel adaptor as CD players dont come with these now.

Ive just replaced mine for a Kenwood unit and took about hour. Altho that was for making a place for the Ipod lead.

clio!
A couple of mates said they'd come do it and so far not appeared.. typical! I have to take it to garage as i've fucked the wnidscreen washers somehow so might ask if they can do it at the same time. Running out of CDs that aren't scratched to f**k from overuse!

You don't need the official tools thin screddrivers down the holes or cut up coat hanger wires good enough.

If your realy adventurious you can do it with ball point pen inners