ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing engine mounts

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
the dogbone i found a guide for the upper ones will be upgraden with Ktec/vibratechnics ones.
I'm thinking support engine, unbolt the mounts, lift engine and replace mounts...that about right?

330i. E30 Touring.
Pretty much. Upper gearbox mount you'll need to remove airbox, battery etc, but yeah.

182 cup
Ok, they are not too bad to do.

For the top engine mount you'll have suport the engine to remove. Take the undertray off and suport carefully from the sump (use a block of wood and be carefull the sump is ally so don't force it too much!!). You'll also notice that the shaft on the Vibratechnics mount is round instead of square were it picks up the engine bracke - don't worry once is tighened up it's not going anywere!! Other than that, the top engine mount is easy.

The top gearbox mount is also fairly easy, but you'll need to remove the airbox, battery and it's tray, so takes up a bit more time. Also the bolts that hold the vibratechnics mount to the tray are supposed go throught the other way around to the std mount.

As long as you know one end of a spanner from the other you'll be ok.