ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing radio in Cup / 172

Im thinking of replacing the head unit in my cup with a multichanger. Are there any units that are compatible with the steering wheel controls and the in-dash lcd display used by the standard radio ?

Surely there must be plenty people here whove put decent ice in their clios???

Help!:confused:

S2000

You can get some headunits that you can get an adapter for so the steering wheel controls still work. Sony and Alpine I think are two that do them, adapters cost something like £55-60 I think.

I have got a sony CDX-M1000TF, but I havent got the linking piece for the remote on the steering wheel. I think that autoleads make one that fits a sony headunit I just havent got around to buying it.....

Weeman sucks ****

Ive got a SONY Minidisc unit in mine, fitted it myself nice and easy. But I did ask the chap in the shop about the lead for the steering collumn controls, which doesnt cost much, but to fit it it does. The whole dash has to come out apparently?! He might have been wrong.

Quote: Originally posted by dirkdiggler on 31 October 2003

Ive got a SONY Minidisc unit in mine, fitted it myself nice and easy. But I did ask the chap in the shop about the lead for the steering collumn controls, which doesnt cost much, but to fit it it does. The whole dash has to come out apparently?! He might have been wrong.
The upper half of the dash has to come out, but only takes 5-10 mins to do! the lead connects to the temp gauge/clock in the middle of the dash!

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 31 October 2003

well i cant find it
The head unit is the kenwood kdc 7024 a rather disgusting looking unit whose bottom fascia gets in your way occasinally when changing gear or fiddling with the vents etc, but none the less has oe display and remote control drivers built in. Though it does require additional wiring harness. Also the kenwood kdc 6024ren4 will work in renaults from 200 onwards.

Well that took 2 minutes looking, are you sure you tried to find one?

Quote: Originally posted by Rob878 on 31 October 2003

kenwood do a units that are compatible with both the stalk and the display
they do make the units, but there are no adaptors for renaults at the moment, only for vauxhall and ford!

Not saying your wrong it was just when i was looking for a headunit for my current car. I was offered the kdc7024 and told the adapters were available. Though i ended up with an alpine head unit as i couldn;t get away with that lower control panel. Not the first time ive been lied to by an ICE shop