ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

replacing standard 172 speakers

clio sport 172 ph2
i've got a 172 cup with a decent sony head unit but ther seems to be a lack of bass from the speakers, sound a bit tinny. just want to replace the standard ones front and rear without cutting holes,any ideas of what to go for!:lolup:

Coiley'd Clio PH2
If you really want some bass, you will hae to get a subwoofer.
Alpine do a pretty nice one that fits under the seat of your car, fairly compact and takes up no boot space!

If you just want a little bit of bass then id recommend the new alpine type r door speakers - £75 for the coaxials or £109 for the components.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You wont generate a lot of bass with the standard size speakers as they are too small. I upgraded mine for infinity units which are better but still not enough :(

BLK RSC172
go for a 6.5" speaker for the frount, preferably a split system, and mount them on a spacer. add an amp if your budget alows as this will give you much better responce and bass.
and add 5 1/4 rears for good fill.
match them up as well.