ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

replica Clio sport-172

Adz

Work van
Hi i have just started getting all the parts to start my clio sport replica :D. I know lots of people dont like replica sports because of it not being a true sport but in time if i wanted to make it a real sport i could im just sorting the looks out. I dont like any of the body kits for clio beacuse they are just over the top. The sport is such a good looking car when modified properly. This is why im going to make a replica.

I have done a few mods like neons under footwells also new angel lights and L.E.D rear lights. :( I have yet to fit my wolfrace 17inch Asia-Tec Shogun alloys and i nice 3.5 back box. I have some brake caliper paint and 40mm lowering kit.

I would like to once i have found all the bumpers to strip out the rear seats and give it a race look ;)

I am looking for a clio sport front bumper im not too sure if i want the arches lol clio sport spoiler and rear bumper i want to take the door strip off and smooth them down de lock the car and smooth the boot badge off and remove the rear wiper.

I could do with help finding parts and fitting them any help would be appreciated lots Thanks Adam.

Last edited:

J03

MX5 1.8
like the angels.. dont like the rears,... they look like renaults own lexarse lights arnt they?

Ed

One that doesnt work
Remove angel eyes and Lexus Lights.

To make it a Replica you will need:

Cup Spoiler - £150+
Front Bumper - £100+
Side Wings - £?
Rear Bumper - £65+
Side Skirts - £70 +
and a set of 172 Alloys. - £150+

120d M Sport
I'd sell the lights off first and foremost they are unnecessary and will help generate a few funds for the parts you need that Ed has mentioned above

Ed

One that doesnt work
Paint for Colour coding - £30
Sport grill - £50

Just keep the alloys you have got on atm.

Adz

Work van
Hi i have got new rear lights they are L.E.D and look nice i was going to do a replica 172 but with some nice mods. Ed do you know the shop or person i could get this stuff from ?? Thanks Adam.

Ed

One that doesnt work
Ebay is his name.
Paint mixed from Auto-paint.co.uk.
Sport Grille from Renault Dealer.

Adz

Work van
lol ill have a look m8
i havent got a spray gun or anything m8 lol
i have a look at my dealer see how much it would cost.

Ive been looking into getting a Pipercross Viper induction kit are they better than K&N filters ?

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
lol ill have a look m8
i havent got a spray gun or anything m8 lol
i have a look at my dealer see how much it would cost.

Ive been looking into getting a Pipercross Viper induction kit are they better than K&N filters ?

Yeah the vipers a good little mod, tbh though (depending on engine size) you're not likely to really notice too much of a difference between the two, viper will give a better induction rawr over a k&n pannel filter, if thats what you mean when you say k&n? if not, again, over a cone filter the viper will sound slightly better due to the heat sheild and enclosed CAF

Adz

Work van
yh that whay i mean m8 when i get the sport front bumper i want to put it down in the front grill :) what was the hardest thing to do on your car ??

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
yh that whay i mean m8 when i get the sport front bumper i want to put it down in the front grill :) what was the hardest thing to do on your car ??

Nice one yeah! sounds like a good plan! Well the bodykit was already on it when I got it so was pish :rasp:, changing the front grille was abit of a pain though, couldn't get the one side off so had to break it all to get it off, others don't have problems though, so might of just been me! majority of the parts just bolt on, you'll have a tricky job with the standard wings if you don't get sport ones though, as the sport bumper wont fit the standard wings without them being heated up and pulled out, much easier to change the wings! gd luck with the project though mate, I'm all for reps! :approve:

Clio 16v 182 Replica
Finding parts will be fairly easy, hardest thing to find will be wheel arch liners. Not long back i sold full kit brand new for £400 front bumper, back bumper, sideskirts, Front wings, cup splitter and door handles.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Finding parts will be fairly easy, hardest thing to find will be wheel arch liners. Not long back i sold full kit brand new for £400 front bumper, back bumper, sideskirts, Front wings, cup splitter and door handles.

Yeah I'm rolling with standard liners, half inch gap FLT :(

Adz

Work van
lol do u think if i found a clio 172 they someone was scraping or breaking i could just buy all the bit of them spray them and fit them all on ?

to make a full 172 body i would need front bumper, rear with no exhaust holes , arches , skirts, cup spoiler anymore things ?

Clio 16v 182 Replica
If your wanting 172 replica, Exterior wize you need

Front Bumper
Sport Front Grille
Front Wings
Sideskirts
Back Bumper
172 Wheels
Wheel Arches

Upgrade to cup,

Cup Splitter
Cup Spoiler.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
lol do u think if i found a clio 172 they someone was scraping or breaking i could just buy all the bit of them spray them and fit them all on ?

to make a full 172 body i would need front bumper, rear with no exhaust holes , arches , skirts, cup spoiler anymore things ?

Yeah that's your best bet, unlikely to find all the bits from one car though, as they are often only breaking due to being damaged in crashes = damage to the kit. thats the lot mate, might want to get some hubcentric spacers too so the wheels fill the wider arches. cup splitter is also a nice little touch on the front bumper, expensive though, mine was £80 2nd hand!

Adz

Work van
yh i had a look and it seems a bit messed up it has a nice splitter on it though could i work on it a clean it up or is it too far gone to be fixed ?

Adz

Work van
I have bided on it but im not going about £25.00 because of the condition how would i fix the two sides up right m8 ?

Clio 16v 182 Replica
could do it with fiberglass, or if you put on non genuine skirts you could keep your front wings, cut the corner off your front bumper make the axact same cut on the damaged bumper and join together then sand it down it will be a perfect fit to your front wings wont be able to see the join if its done correctly and sprayed.

Adz

Work van
That sound like the best plan carrying on the cuts and keeping my normal wings how much do u think i need to cut ?

E92 M3
love they angel eyes had them in mine

but the rear lights get the selt some one will want them get so extra funds as well

Adz

Work van
I love the angel eyes they look great at night

I havent got them rear lights on the car anymore i didnt like them that much i got some rear L.E.D lights they look great at night.

I need to find a cup spoiler and rear bumper with no exhaust holes and then its just fitting them and getting the colour right.

Adz

Work van
These are the rear lights i have got on my car :cool:

and this is how i want the inside of my car to look like ;)

Last edited:
  DCi 100
Is that a rear strut brace those harness' are attacked too?

I've heard stuff about that being quite unsafe tbh :/

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yep you are better to mount them to the rear seat belt buckle mounting points as in a crash the rear suspension could move, this would move the strut brace which the seats are attached too. i think you can only mount them too a bar if its part of a welded in roll cage

Adz

Work van
kk cheers man thanks for the info so it looks like i will be mounting them on the floor lol. Im going to sell a few things.

1)wolfrace 17inch Asia-Tec Shogun alloys - £300

2)wolfrace induction kit only goes up to a 2003 clio - £20

3)rear spoiler - £30

I will post more infromation on the sell parts bit this is just to let you no lol collection only. I live in Hemel Hempseat :)

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
yep you are better to mount them to the rear seat belt buckle mounting points as in a crash the rear suspension could move, this would move the strut brace which the seats are attached too. i think you can only mount them too a bar if its part of a welded in roll cage

mounting them to the rear seat belt buckle causes them to be at an angle. pointing down wards, in the unfortunate event of a crash you wouldn't walk away. your spine would be crushed and compressed down into the seat because of the angle of the mounting point....

Adz

Work van
lol ok i dont want that to happen at all so what the best place to mount them then ? lol

Adz

Work van
Hey guys im trying to find skirts and rear bumper with no exhaust holes and a cup spoiler im also looking for racing seats ect..... could someone help me lol ?????

Charged Superleggera
if its replica skirts your after ie the ones for standard and not sports wings then i will be selling mines in a few weeks time. they are in 632 paintcode which i think is the same as your car so might save you money on painting them. however saying that i dont know what condion they are gona be in when they come off the car. finally the ones ive got are the ones k tec used to sell for £120 and not the cheap ones off of ebay

Adz

Work van
ill be very intrested m8 have you got any pictures of them on your car ? how much would you be looking for ? cheers m8