ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reply from L.A.D Re RR Day

BMW 320d Sport

badger - something to remember is that you basically have just about the one and only community of Cup and 172 owners here on Cliosport. It would be a bit short sighted, perverse even, for a company who do a 200bhp conversion on a particular model of Clio *not* to want Cliosport in on it - 900+ Clio owning members and thousands of forum users - were not some small fry operation here. A product or service that is well thought of on here will be supported a great deal by Cliosport members and forum users. And conversely, if something is not rated by the majority on here, they dont get the business. Eg. somewhere like Prima, even though theyve been in the Renault tuning/styling game for yonks, do not have anywhere near the business they could be doing, because in general they are not well regarded by Cliosport members. Other Renault tuners have their supporters on here and hence they do get business through club coverage - eg. BB, Hill Power, K-Tec etc.

Not wanting to say that Saxos are common but Im sure that a greater proportion of Clio enthusiasts and owners are also Cliosport members/users than Saxo owners are of something like SSC. Just from the simple fact that there are less Clios out there than Saxos. So it pays for Clio tuning companies to take heed of what the only Clio-specific community is saying.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

sh*ttttt Hot news!!

just got an email from lad, will post up details later.

BMW 320d Sport

BTW to answer the point about how many would put their money where their mouth is, I should imagine quite a few. The Cup owners on here are enthusiasts and generally happy to modify where necessary and want performance above anything else. Otherwise they would have bought a 172 rather than a Cup and they wouldnt have bothered to take part in Cliosport. Bearing that in mind lets say that out of all the Cup owners on here, a measly TEN decide to have their Cup given the 200 treatment as a result of seeing a *proven* power claim from LAD. Thats 20 grand to LAD for what I understand is a bit of head work and lowering (I may be wrong on that though!) on ten cars - not a bad bit of business I dont think. Theyd have to be fools to turn that away - however busy they are at the moment!

I agree with Nick, I do come on here for recommendations of products before I buy and this would be no different. If lots of people on here said it was no good, then I wouldnt bother...simple fact

Ad

MK2 FRS

I also got to agree with Nick, if it was highly regarded then it would be considered as a future possiblilty, at the moment there is little evidence to prove LADs claims.

Badgersport, the success of the rolling road does not need to be judged by the number of deposits secured on the day. If LAD prove there claims then the buisness will grow with current 172 owners and future 172 owners, you cant build buisness on one day. To give some Idea I work for a major Global company and we plough 6.5% of PAC (profit after controllables) into promo and advertising, seeing as the RR would be paid for by thepeople on here his time and effort cannot equate to this, otherwise it is unlikley they would be in business.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

well he hasnt replyied yet but i will post up the latest saga

Tom
Do you by any chance have a Clio cup yourself if so we have a deal to put to you,remember I said in our previous correspondence that our clio cup was for sale well we have sold it from the advert on our web site only been there two days it was the road test that clinched it.
Regards
Ernie Larton.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Maybe hes gonna swap my car for their 700bhp v6

(usual my views are my own and not cliosports, disclaimer)

Sounds to me that if you let them use your car for development they will bring one of their customer car (who is on holiday or something) to the rolling road free of charge. Thou the development work will probaly take a month or so.
I personaly would take them up on the offer but get them to sign an agreement or something to say that if they f**k up your car in any way including performance they have to buy you a new one or something along thous lines.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 01 September 2003

yup its all gone quiet

someone with a cup email them.
So what exactly did he say and what does he want to do with a Cup???

Im pretty local and my Cup came from Morecambe Renault anyway...