ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resonator blowing (scorpion)

Clio 182 FF
My resonator is beginning to blow and I am in two minds to either replace or get a resonator delete , what are peoples thoughts? Does a deres make a huge difference to the noise inside the cab? I had a 265 meg and I could hardly notice a difference at all.

Also, does anyone around hull (I'm willing to travel) have a stainless deres that is up for sale?

Cheers

Clio 182 FF
I have had the resonator welded to the cat about 4 years ago, it isn't blowing from there but I reckon they won't repair it because of this

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
My 182 has got an OEM style backbox (probably a bit louder than the factory one), which I've ran with and without the resonator.

Without the resonator sounded really good. Nice deep note without being overly loud most the time. It did get a bit annoying on a long trip, but only if the back seats were down. It was properly boomy on the cold map when it first started though. That did get a bit annoying sometimes, but it never stays on the cold map for long.

With the resonator the it still sounds good, a bit raspier and slightly less deep. It is no longer ridiculously boomy on the cold map, which I am enjoying to be fair. Also it will definitely pass noise at the strictest track days, which is nice.

I'm going to leave the resonator on for now. Maybe I'll change my mind later down the line, but at the moment I don't really miss the slightly deeper note, and the couple extra advantages are nice to have.

Clio 182 FF
My 182 has got an OEM style backbox (probably a bit louder than the factory one), which I've ran with and without the resonator.

Without the resonator sounded really good. Nice deep note without being overly loud most the time. It did get a bit annoying on a long trip, but only if the back seats were down. It was properly boomy on the cold map when it first started though. That did get a bit annoying sometimes, but it never stays on the cold map for long.

With the resonator the it still sounds good, a bit raspier and slightly less deep. It is no longer ridiculously boomy on the cold map, which I am enjoying to be fair. Also it will definitely pass noise at the strictest track days, which is nice.

I'm going to leave the resonator on for now. Maybe I'll change my mind later down the line, but at the moment I don't really miss the slightly deeper note, and the couple extra advantages are nice to have.
Don't suppose you would like to sell your res delete to me if you're happier with the resonator? Just a thought😁

I have a milltek twin backbox and when the res started blowing I like the extra noise but don't want it to become annoying on a longer drive like you have pointed out

Cheers

RB 182 FF
I was running a scorpion srn019 non-res but similar to you I found it slightly too droney on a long run - and poss too loud for some tracks. I've just had a custom silenced centre section made and now not only does it fit my car perfectly, its much more motorway friendly while still sounding nice when you give it some.

I happen to have a scorpion resonated Centre section for sale if interested - was going to use this before going down the custom route.
IMG_20210725_203242.jpg