ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respray ideas/colours wanted

have a flip through the porsche colour chart, millions of colors, and one you will love.

or the deepest most seductive 15 layer laquer red?

like lovely soft, seductive full lips with way too much red lipstick.......

anyway, check the porsche thing out.

nick shame your not a bit closer as we have a house of kolor paint chip book with about 500 colours in, come lovely blues, all straight colours/.pearls or metalics not flips etc and the good thing with these is they are not ya run of the mill colours so its more original.

ive posted in ya for sale thread so if it comes that we meet threw that then ill bring the book with me

Im a big fan of my dads M3s colour, Carbon Black. Out of sunlight it looks a very dark black, darker than my pearl black. When the sun hits it though it looks a darkish blue, but when its really bright you can see blue, black and purple, it looks really stunning and makes mine look lame! After seeing some valvers in black i think this would be a good choice, and the hint of blue would set it out from the rest.

-Rob

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1054543504__bmw4small.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1054543739__bmw3small.jpg

BMW 320d Sport

LOL yeah thats the thing its got to be blue. Not just cos I love blue, but all my interiors blue so it has to be blue on the outside too.

So far I have put everyones suggestions into the pot and come up with this:

Solids are out of the frame. Every show/cover car is in light blue/turquoise solid.

That Rage blue subtle flip is too gay according to Wongy and now he mentions it hes right! So light blues are definitely out.

If its a mid blue, theres a few to choose from, Subaru is #1 at the moment. Plus Im getting my wheels powder coated in dark anthracite so itll look like a mini P1. But quicker maybe?

If I go for a darker blue itll be Toyota blue metallic, like you see on new Yaris. Bright like Imperial Blue but not that common.

BMW 320d Sport

Cos thats the first thing that everyone says. I guarantee in a years time there will be a fair few valvers running around in Cup blue. I seriously thought about it myself. Its a nice colour and suits the Cup but I dont fancy it on mine.

I dont think you should have a Renault colour - spending a lot of money - get something people will look at and think about.. hehe.

BMW 320d Sport

Dont want the metallic BMW blue although it is quality. Too boring. But their new solid blue I like, I dont know the name though. Its on the new M3s.

feck it i know the colur now

bit like imperial but moree blue and less purple

on one of fastest production supperbikes

yamaha R1 blue, by far the best blue available thats mid dark colur

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah Smurf Blues the one GR! I was trying to think what it reminded me of. Dash you got a good point there with the Elise and the V6. That sort of Lotus blue just totally puts a mid blue metallic in the shade. But its a bit too close to Imperial Blue for my liking...

Im pretty much decided now Subaru Blue Mica or Toyota Yaris metallic blue. But then again I just say a brand new Fiat with a gorgeous solid blue.

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah I did think about that R1 blue...

Scooby Dooby is there any difference between what they used to call Sonic Blue that all the rally cars ran, and the Blue Mica that the showroom cars later on seemed to be painted? Or any differences between the original shape Scoobies blue and the new facelift ones?

scoobies use three blues i think

the redish blue which i beleive 16v clio marcus has sprayed his car and other one as seen on 22b and p1

if u get a scooby blue get the one on the p1 and 22b best colour

wongy

Reddish blue is totally different from sonic blue - its a sort of purpley reddy bluey colour, hence the name - you have to see it I think, its not easy to describe, sonic blue is a bit too common, Ive seen a lot of modified cars resprayed that colour - be different! ;)

Heres a link to some examples of reddish blue in different lights: http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?ThreadID=163608http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?ThreadID=163608 - though you need to see the colour in the metal so to speak.

I even found some paint codes for you ( I cant sleep:confused:) 65c is Reddish Blue aka Lapis Blue, 74f is Sonic Blue aka Rally Blue.

Im looking forward to seeing you car Nick, I would have been going to Southend on 14th June with the others, but its my wedding anniversary, so hopefully Ill be wined & dined instead:)

BMW 320d Sport

That is a totally mint colour. In the ICI paint code book its listed as Blue Mica and there are two slightly different shades. Looking at loads of classifieds that classic Subaru Blue is always either listed as (on the newer ones) WR Blue Mica or on the older Scoobs, Blue Mica or Sonic Blue.

ANyway Marcus yours has got a metalflake and more pearl in it hasnt it? I think I am gonna go for just the straight factory colour. Seeing as Ive got other plans as well for the body which are gonna cost me big money - eg. a de-sunroof operation and replacing it with a roof scoop.

BMW 320d Sport

LOL thats why Im going for the straight factory colour and no wild bodykit - even though the paint will be similar, the body will be totally different.