ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respray

Maz

LY 200
Thinking about having my bumper etc resprayed as the stone chips are getting worse.

Anyone had this done and can advise what the match is like etc, I dont really know much about spraying so hence the question.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
your looking about 300-400 pound because it needs spraying in the wings you got a nice colour so shouldnt be to hard to match it in i did have a quote for 350 just for a bonnet best to just phone around

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
It doesn't need spraying in the wings, if the stonechips are at the front, then it only needs painted at the front (which blends into the rest), and the whole thing re-laquered. You're looking at £150, tops. That's what we quote for a panel repair and re-spray.

edit: The other day I noticed a tin of Arctic Blue, but even if the paint was that little bit darker, you wouldn't noticed if it's blended in properly.

Punto/Clio GTT
wont need spraying into the wings at all unless you've managed to get stone chips on the side of your bumper? :S

even if you did, most bodyshops wouldnt paint into wings anyway, its just OTT and could send the wings out to the doors/bonnet.

what do you want to know maz?

a match is as good as the painter/paint. generally if they have their own mixing system, you'll get the best colour matches as they can tint the colours slightly to match your car.

Maz

LY 200
Thanks thats really helpful I have a bodyshop in mind whos work I have seen.

I have stone chips round my arches too would the full rear 1/4 need to be resprayed to do that ?

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Thanks thats really helpful I have a bodyshop in mind whos work I have seen.

I have stone chips round my arches too would the full rear 1/4 need to be resprayed to do that ?

Possibly, and maybe into your door too. Just depends. It's quite a large area to blend the colour into. You're best to just ask the bodyshop, they'll know straight away when they see it.

Punto/Clio GTT
yeah, might aswell get it done with the bumper. alternativly just touch them up.

painting both rear quarters will at least double the price.

you can get smart repair people to come out and paint it for you, they just do a local repair, just sand it down, feather out the chip, then blow it in.

to the average joe you wouldnt tell it had been blown in, but it is just a bodge at the end of the day.

Maz

LY 200
Might just leave it then as I dont want to end up paying a fortune or having a bodge as that can look worse than the stone chips.

CS Dungeon
Wait till it get's bad enough to warrant a full re-spray Maz, thats what i'm doing with the Williams.

£200 Bumper
£400 Both rear 1/4's
£200 Bonnet

Theres almost a full re-spray in itself

Monaco Blue Mk2
P9130205-1.jpg

That rear bumper has been sprayed, I can't see a difference in any light, spot on IMO. My spoiler is in getting resprayed for free as it bubbled (not the bodyshops fault). I'm getting the bonnet done aswel soon (£140) coz a slate blew off the roof onto it. I'll get you pictures of it when it's done and can pass on the bodyshops details if you want.

Maz

LY 200
^ looks good, thanks for that. :)

Wait till it get's bad enough to warrant a full re-spray Maz, thats what i'm doing with the Williams.

£200 Bumper
£400 Both rear 1/4's
£200 Bonnet

Theres almost a full re-spray in itself

Yeah thats what I was thinking thanks for that :D

ILLIAD VEE!!
Thinking about having my bumper etc resprayed as the stone chips are getting worse.

Anyone had this done and can advise what the match is like etc, I dont really know much about spraying so hence the question.

Maz, :)

As I mentioned on Saturday at RWS - the guy you need to take it to is Karl @ BM Autobodies - he's the guy who did my stone chips, wheels and side pods last week...he's ace and about 5 guys off the V6 forum have used him too. He is brilliant and you know you are not going to spot your car pulling doughnuts round a Maccy D's carpark by some Chav out of the workshop with Karl....he races 2 Skylines R32/R33 - so looks after your car like he would his own.....:approve:

PM me Maz and I'll send you his mobile number... ;)

Jainy

Maz

LY 200
Thanks hun you gave me his number at the weekend I will be giving him a ring to see what can be done.

Congrats again you deserved to win, your car looks fantastic :)