ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respraying whole car, or just panels?

I have stuck on some 182 panels: the wings and the bumper. It's going to be 182 rep on a DCI.
The black which I have on the DCI is noticeably different between the the two shades, something I was aware of before starting this replica.

Initially I thought I would respray the car myself, in the 182 black. However, watching some of the videos on YT on how extensive the process is, it seems wiser to paint the fewer parts, that are the wings and front bumper, the same black as the DCI.
I was going to use rattle cans to do the respray, but have access to the an air compressor as well on a friends site.

I'm a little stuck as to which direction I would should go down, and the cost involved of the parts if I choose a full respray as opposed to just doing the 182 parts.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you're just painting panels (off the car) and are a bit handy with tools, you'll be ok if you have a big enough compressor and a decent gun.
Just don't be expecting a showroom finish.

Personally, I'd not bother. Just take the panels to a body shop and let them do them. Will be a better job and quicker too!

I have painted a little before, but not entire car.
Just wondering which way I should go, convert 182 parts to standard black finish. Or standard black, which is the majority of the car, to 182 black.
I would like to give it a go, if its goes badly I'll give it to a body shop. Something I would like to learn..

RB Clio 182
The whole car will be 2k plus at a decent body shop, the few panels will probs be £500, I would go dci black panels at a body shop, you will need at least £100 worth of equipment to do the panels yourself and believe me it wont look good.

Pay a body shop for the panels painting and go down the middle cost wise.