ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

restore a ruined valver

Chav Rocket
got alot done today fitted ECU mapped by hillpower changed rear caliper (old one had a fubared bleed nipple) fitted the following: rear bumper all rubber trims spoiler lights black renault diamond door mouldings doesnt seem like a lot but kept me busy. trying to do everything properly means it all takes a bit longer! car is basically finished now - will get buffed and valeted this week and MOT'd while its at dads work. pleased with the car - its not as spectacular as most but its been a fun little project. need to save up for insurance and what not now. pics to follow - its not working right now

Chav Rocket
pics, criticism welcome:
IMAG0063.jpg
IMAG0062.jpg
IMAG0061.jpg
IMAG0060.jpg

Chav Rocket
thanks :) alot of hard work gone into it. the roof is being resprayed as it had some silicone defects, then ill install the alarm and intellistart and transfer my stereo accross. think it will be all done in another 2 weeks.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Why I've never seen this project before I don't know but wow its nice!

All of these mk1 projects are totally questioning my want for a 172....

Car looks mint, the amount of work going into it is brilliant, would love to have these sorta skills.

'93 Clio Williams
been thinking about what to do with the interior - no its not going to be stripped out!
i need to replace the seats as the old ones are quite rotten - im thinking about buckets but are they gonna be really uncomfortable for daily use? also will i have to do alot of fabrication to get them fitted or is it just a matter of getting the right mounts?
cheers

The Williams seats are *really* comfortable... You can pick them up pretty cheap (Saw someone giving a whole set away for free the other day), so if you want them to look different, just get them reupholstered.

Either way, that's an awesome bit of work there man. Great looking car... Really need to do the same with mine - this is an inspiration!

Chav Rocket
well i have a set of leathers in my RT that i was thinking of transferring over (ill definitley use a leather rear bench) but was favouring something a bit different up front :)

Chav Rocket
back needs raising a couple inches and the headlining needs to go in and the car needs a really good clean!

been running it now done 1000 miles in it and am pretty happy small minor electrical issues (alot of them to do with the dashboard guages) just have to save up now for a throttle body kit.

Looks like you've done a great job on it, it looked awful when you go it. It looks smart now though. Good stuff.

Chav Rocket
cheers cat - with regards to your earlier post about the avons... now I've driven it i totally agree! Ive been driving like a grandad of recent though so i should be ok.

They really are awful, I still remember how bad they were & I sold that car about six years ago now. There's are so many better tyres out there.

Chav Rocket
Today fixed the heater not working and changed a thermostat sensor then drove up to the surrey rolling road (where the rr day is going to be) car managed 166.9 at the fly est 138.2 at the wheels.
not quite sure if that is good or not but at least i have a baseline for future mods.

Looks brilliant mate!

Any details on the stud conversion? Mainly, how much, where from? especially the anodised nuts :D

Chav Rocket
Looks brilliant mate!

Any details on the stud conversion? Mainly, how much, where from? especially the anodised nuts :D

hi fella
was sourced on ebay.
Nuts
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160356821339&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

studs
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stud-conversi...Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET?hash=item483703c2a0
studs come with chrome nuts.

make sure its the right one when you get them. i fitted them with a high grade of loctite and not had them wind out on me.

your in crawley? thats not a million miles from me - you go to any meets?